(Voice of the Persecuted) You are invited to join us on Thursday, March 10, 2022 in a prayer conference call for the persecuted church and those suffering in Ukraine hosted by Persecution Watch.
Ukraine Population: 44 million, Christian 76 %
With independence in 1991 Ukraine was dominated and fought over for centuries by a succession of powers. Although political freedom came to all in 1991, a small but powerful group of men vastly enriched and entrenched themselves. The country experienced strife by people wanting to link with Russia and those looking to the westward for their future. The orange revolution in 2005 gave Ukrainians national dignity, freedom of press and open political systems, but infighting and rivalries are crippling progress. Promises of rooting out corruption have brought little fruit as it is deeply embedded.
- Please pray to the Father that He will convict President Putin of his disregard for safe travel for civilians fleeing from military violence.
- Pray for the Ukrainian men and women who are trying to survive in underground shelters.
- Pray that the Ukrainians are earnestly seeking the Lord in prayer.
- Pray to the Lord to hold His hand over, protect the nuclear power plant from releasing radioactive substances, as Russians have cut off power to cool the spent fuel assemblies.
- Pray to the Lord that much needed medication will reach the hospitals which by now are running low on supplies.
- Pray that the men and women who are staying behind have adequate food and first aid supplies.
- Pray that the Lord will work a miracle that many civilians can escape through corridors that are protected from military action.
- Pray that the Lord through His vessels will continue to give the Ukrainian defenders great advance intelligence on Russian plans and movements.
- Pray to the Lord that Ukrainian refugees are welcomed at the border and find both food and shelter.
- Pray that the Lord will trouble the commanding Russian leaders with lost or confusing military orders.
- Pray to the Lord for create opposition in Russia against the act of aggression against the Ukraine.
- Pray to the Lord that Russian equipment will be break down and stall advancement.
- Pray that the Russian offensive will continue to stall and to implode.
- Pray to the Lord that He will give the Ukrainian freedom fighters both protection and wisdom in trying to stop the enemy.
- Pray to the Lord that the displaced people, the refugees will not lack for food and shelter.
- Pray to the Lord that the nations who stand in solidarity with the Ukraine will not falter and actively support and continue to support the Ukraine.
- Lord we humbly ask, that You the great almighty God will not allow Russia to defeat and take over the Ukraine.
Again, we want to lift up these persecuted witnesses to the Lord:
- Leah Sharibu, prisoner of Boko Haram since 2018. Pray for her release.
- Alice Loksha Ngaddah, kidnapped February 2019. She is a mother of two, working as a nurse for UNICEF. Pray for her release.
- Pray for Pastor Wang Yi to be released from prison.
- Pray for Anita, a Christian convert facing a long prison term who escaped from Iran and praying to go to a country where she can express her faith openly.
- For the release of Pastor Youcef Nadarkhani from Iran, and his family as their Persecution continues. Pastor Nadarkhani is serving the second year of his six-year sentence.
Andy, Persecution Watch Prayer Call Moderator
Prayer Conference Call Details
Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday
From any location on your phone
USA Time Zone:
9:00 PM Eastern
8:00 PM Central
7:00 PM Mountain
6:00 PM Pacific
Call in number: (667) 770-1476 (Note: We have a new call-in phone number)
Access Code: 281207#
Recommended: For those who may be subject to added charges for conference calls. Please download the app, it’s free!
MOBILE APP: Free Conference Call HD also provides a quick and easy way for you to dial into conference calls without having to remember the dial-in credentials. Save all of your conference call dial-in numbers and access codes using this free app. With the Free Conference Call HD you can instantly dial into a conference call via 3G/4G data network and or regular mobile carrier. Google Play link or App Store – iTunes
If you are experiencing any difficulties joining the call, please let us know.
What is Persecution Watch?
Persecution Watch is a U.S. national prayer conference call ministry that prays specifically for the global Persecuted Church. For over a decade, Blaine Scogin led this national network of believers who faithfully pray for the persecuted and the global harvest for the Kingdom of God. The group meets via a free call-in service every Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday night at 9pm Eastern time in the United States (please check your time zone). Blaine also served as Prayer Director for Voice of the Persecuted, and the missions became one. Brother Blaine passed into glory on December 26, 2019. It was truly a blessing for all of us to serve alongside this dear man of God and he will be greatly missed. The prayer mission of Persecution Watch remains an important part of our mission. Voice of the Persecuted is committed to continue the prayer conference call for the persecuted along with the dedicated Persecution Watch prayer warrior team.
Prior to the passing of Brother Blaine, he confirmed the passing of the torch as prayer conference call leader to Nadia Dybvik. Nadia has a burdened heart for the persecuted and is a prayer warrior standing in the gap for them. She joined the Persecution Watch prayer team in 2013 and has been part of the core ever since. Before becoming the prayer call leader, she served in the role of prayer moderator since 2015. Blaine chose Nadia for her faithfulness to pray for the persecuted and her strong commitment to the Persecution Watch mission. We are blessed not only with her gift of prayer, but her genuine love for every brother and sister in Christ that comes on the call to pray. May the Lord continue to bless Nadia and the prayer team in the mission and their personal lives.
“Pray for us” is the number one request that we hear from the persecuted. As the members of the first century Church were moved by the Holy Spirit to pray, we too must continue to serve those suffering persecution by lifting them up to the Lord through prayer.
On occasion, persecuted brothers and sisters have been invited on the conference call to share the trials they are facing. The team serves to encourage them by washing their feet in Spirit led prayer. Time is often reserved for those on the call to ask questions. We believe this helps to gain a better understanding of the situation that persecuted Christians endure in their specific nations. Q&A also helps us to focus our prayers based on their current needs.
Persecution Watch also hosts callers who want to pray united from other nations. If your heart is perplexed by the sufferings of our persecuted brothers and sisters, you no longer need to pray alone.
We welcome all who desire to pray for the persecuted church and consider it a joy to pray together with you. If you are new to the call and cannot find your voice, listen in and pray silently or on mute. We are grateful and thank the Lord for bringing us all together to pray in agreement for our persecuted family in Christ. We can all be prayer warriors on this call!
God bless and protect you in your faithfulness to serve.
Lois Kanalos, Founder, Voice of the Persecuted, Nadia Dybvik, Persecution Watch Prayer Call Leader and the Persecution Watch Prayer Team
NOTE: Please fill out the form in the sign up link below to be included in our distribution list to receive urgent prayer requests, prayer points, notification of special prayer events and special guest speakers.
Note to Voice of the Persecuted (VOP) readers: The Persecution Watch prayer team is also the prayer team of Voice of the Persecuted. SIGN UP today.