(Voice of the Persecuted) You are invited to join us on Saturday, Oct. 16, 2021 in a conference prayer call for the persecuted church hosted by Persecution Watch.
The Lord put the persecuted countries in the West on my heart; namely, Colombia, Mexico, and Cuba.
The vast majority of people in Mexico and Colombia claim to be Christians. However, many blend paganistic religions with Christianity.
Christians in many parts of Mexico and Colombia are persecuted by rebel groups who exploit the people. True Christians will not go along with their evil schemes and are persecuted for it.
The people in Cuba are persecuted by the atheistic government. 65 percent of the population identifies as Christian.
Pray for Colombia and Mexico:
- We cannot serve two masters; pray for those claiming and thinking to be Christians but are not.
- Pray for the NGOs and others who distribute Bibles.
- Pray that God’s Word would reach all people groups, such as the Tzalzl and Chol people in Mexico.
- Pray for pastors in the “red zones” of Colombia and Mexico; they would stand their ground, be encouraged, be protected from guerrillas and drug and arms dealers.
- Give church leaders wisdom, knowledge and understanding on how to deal with rebel and criminal groups who make their living with illegal activity.
- Pray for those sharing the gospel in guerrilla-controlled areas; for displaced pastors sharing gospel in new communities.
- Pray for widows and children of murdered pastors, restoration, provision, and peace.
- Pray for teachers reaching out to children from minority ethnic groups.
- Pray for Christian converts in villages where an indigenous faith is practiced, against confiscation of property, imprisonment, physical harm.
- Pray that believers kicked out of their communities would remain strong in their faith.
- Pray for a strong government without corruption who allow criminal groups to continue; pray for Christians in government.
Cuba: (if time permits)
- Pray God’s Word would go throughout Cuba, even the most extreme areas, and people would have a hunger for it.
- Pray for Christian leaders who are being harassed, threatened with prison; pray they would not give in to threats. (Acts 4)
- Pray for pastors pressured to provide the government with information regarding church leaders.
- Pray that church leaders would have wisdom in speaking and sharing the Word.
- Pray for parents who were arrested for trying to remove children from communist indoctrination at school.
- Pray for thousands of churches at risk of being demolished and for the ones that have already been demolished.
Pray for the Harvest!
Valerie, Persecution Watch Prayer Call Moderator
Prayer Conference Call Details
Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday
From any location on your phone
USA Time Zone:
9:00 PM Eastern
8:00 PM Central
7:00 PM Mountain
6:00 PM Pacific
Call in number: 712 775-7035
Access Code: 281207#
Recommended: For those who may be subject to added charges for conference calls. Please download the app, it’s free!
MOBILE APP: Free Conference Call HD also provides a quick and easy way for you to dial into conference calls without having to remember the dial-in credentials. Save all of your conference call dial-in numbers and access codes using this free app. With the Free Conference Call HD you can instantly dial into a conference call via 3G/4G data network and or regular mobile carrier. Google Play link or App Store – iTunes
If you are experiencing any difficulties joining the call, please let us know.
What is Persecution Watch?
Persecution Watch is a U.S. national prayer conference call ministry that prays specifically for the global Persecuted Church. For over a decade, Blaine Scogin led this national network of believers who faithfully pray for the persecuted and the global harvest for the Kingdom of God. The group meets via a free call-in service every Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday night at 9pm Eastern time in the United States (please check your time zone). Blaine also served as Prayer Director for Voice of the Persecuted, and the missions became one. Brother Blaine passed into glory on December 26, 2019. It was truly a blessing for all of us to serve alongside this dear man of God and he will be greatly missed. The prayer mission of Persecution Watch remains an important part of our mission. Voice of the Persecuted is committed to continue the prayer conference call for the persecuted along with the dedicated Persecution Watch prayer warrior team.
Prior to the passing of Brother Blaine, he confirmed the passing of the torch as prayer conference call leader to Nadia Dybvik. Nadia has a burdened heart for the persecuted and is a prayer warrior standing in the gap for them. She joined the Persecution Watch prayer team in 2013 and has been part of the core ever since. Before becoming the prayer call leader, she served in the role of prayer moderator since 2015. Blaine chose Nadia for her faithfulness to pray for the persecuted and her strong commitment to the Persecution Watch mission. We are blessed not only with her gift of prayer, but her genuine love for every brother and sister in Christ that comes on the call to pray. May the Lord continue to bless Nadia and the prayer team in the mission and their personal lives.
“Pray for us” is the number one request that we hear from the persecuted. As the members of the first century Church were moved by the Holy Spirit to pray, we too must continue to serve those suffering persecution by lifting them up to the Lord through prayer.
On occasion, persecuted brothers and sisters have been invited on the conference call to share the trials they are facing. The team serves to encourage them by washing their feet in Spirit led prayer. Time is often reserved for those on the call to ask questions. We believe this helps to gain a better understanding of the situation that persecuted Christians endure in their specific nations. Q&A also helps us to focus our prayers based on their current needs.
Persecution Watch also hosts callers who want to pray united from other nations. If your heart is perplexed by the sufferings of our persecuted brothers and sisters, you no longer need to pray alone.
We welcome all who desire to pray for the persecuted church and consider it a joy to pray together with you. If you are new to the call and cannot find your voice, listen in and pray silently or on mute. We are grateful and thank the Lord for bringing us all together to pray in agreement for our persecuted family in Christ. We can all be prayer warriors on this call!
God bless and protect you in your faithfulness to serve.
Lois Kanalos, Founder, Voice of the Persecuted, Nadia Dybvik, Persecution Watch Prayer Call Leader and the Persecution Watch Prayer Team
NOTE: Please fill out the form in the sign up link below to be included in our distribution list to receive urgent prayer requests, prayer points, notification of special prayer events and special guest speakers.
Note to Voice of the Persecuted (VOP) readers: The Persecution Watch prayer team is also the prayer team of Voice of the Persecuted. SIGN UP today.
Photo: Colombia, San Agustin, Iglesia Church by Makalu