(Voice of the Persecuted) You are invited to join us on Saturday September 17, 2022 in a prayer conference call for the persecuted church hosted by Persecution Watch.
This is from an article in Charisma Magazine, dated September/October 2022:
Dr. Michael Yousef gave some alarming statistics from a nationwide survey by demographic researcher George Barma:
Only 17% of self-described Christians have a Biblical worldview that believe:
1. The Bible is totally accurate in all of its principles.
2. A belief that we cannot earn our way to heaven through good works.
3. A belief that Jesus lead a sinless life on earth.
4. That Satan is a real being and not merely a symbol.
5. A belief that God is the all-knowing, all-powerful Creator and ruler of the world.
A recent article in the Christian Post said that ‘A large percentage of self-proclaimed
Christians do not believe the Holy Spirit is real.’
Cultural Research Center at Arizona Christian University, May 2022 shares:
In what researchers described as a “shocking find”, a new report indicated just over half
of US pastors (51%) have a biblical worldview. Just over a third of charismatic or
Pentecostal church pastors (37%) hold a biblical worldview. For mainline Protestant
churches, the figure is 32%. Nine percent of pastors leading traditionally black churches
had a biblical worldview, and 6% of Catholic priests.
When you consider Biblical faith is in decline, it’s no wonder that many evangelicals do not
believe that there is a plan and purpose for Israel and the Jewish people yet to be fulfilled
in the unfolding of God’s end time plan, or that sharing the gospel with Jewish and Muslim
people is very important.
SIX IMPORTANT COMPONENTS OF A BIBLICAL WORLDVIEW
1. God is the Creator of the world and rules this universe. (Genesis 1:1)
2. The Bible is God’s Word for mankind and is completely accurate including matter of life and its origin. (2 Timothy 3:16)
3. Because of God and His Word, absolute moral truth exists. (Psalm 102:25-27)
4. Jusus the Messiah is the only begotten Son of God and He lived a sinless life, died for our sins, was buried, and rose again from the grave 3 days later. (1 John 4:9-10/1 Cor 15:3–4)
5. Satan is a real being and seeks to defeat God’s plan for man. (1 Peter 5:8)
6. Salvation is obtained solely by individual faith in Christ’s work on the cross and cannot
be earned. (Ephesians 2:8-9) (Source:ministry127.com)
I would like to pray into this:
- Pray for pastors and leaders, that they would have a love of the truth so that they will not believe any delusions.
2 John 7: “I say this because many deceivers, who do not acknowledge Jesus Christ as coming in the flesh, have gone out into the world. Any such person is the deceiver and the antichrist.”
- Pray for those under pastors that have erroneous teachings to be like the Bereans and search out the truth and to find it. May this Empower them to scripturally bring it up to their leaders, to change fellowships if necessary.
Acts 17:11 “Now the Bereans were of more noble character than the Thessalonians, for they received the message with great eagerness and examined the scriptures every day to see if what Paul said was true.”
- Pray against manipulation by pastors and against pastor worship and ungodly soul ties.
Psalm 119:66 “Teach me knowledge and good judgment, for I believe in Your commands.”
- Pray for those in seminaries, both teachers and students.
Psalm 119:43 “Do not snatch the word of truth from my mouth, for I have put my hope in your laws.”
- Pray the brainwashing of evolution and any other ungodly principles taught in the schools, that are expressed constantly as fact on television and other media, be countered with scripture and faith. Pray for our teachers and parents.
- Psalm 119:9 “How can a young man keep his way pure? By living according to Your Word.”
- Pray the fear of God would be taught in the church; for the church to have the fear of God
Psalm 119:120 “My flesh trembles in fear of You; I stand in awe of Your laws.”
- Pray for a Biblical moral compass to be restored. Many churches think it’s OK to live together without being married, okay to have homosexuals in leadership or to marry them, etc.
Judges 21:25 “In those days there was no king in Israel; every man did which was right in his own eyes.”
- Pray for marriages for those self-described Christians. Pray for the marriages of the 17% too.
1 Corinthians 13:13 “And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.” Love is not proud and does not demand its own way.
- Pray for the remnant. Pray for spiritual maturity and for them to walk in the power of the Holy Spirit.
Last night the Lord said to me, “Why do you keep asking me to send the Holy Spirit? Have I not already sent it on the day of Shavuot when that appointed time was fulfilled? Look in the 2nd chapter of Acts. Was it not already sent on that day? How could I have told you to walk in the Spirit if I had not already sent it? But appropriate it in My righteousness and love.”
Galatians 5:16 “But I say, walk by the Spirit, and do not gratify the works of the flesh.”
- Pray some of the remnant would disciple many to truth and spiritual maturity.
1 Timothy 4:9-11 “This is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance, and for this we labor and strive, that we have put our hope in the living God, who is the savior of all men, and especially of those who believe.”
- This lack of believing the Bible that the land of Canaan was given to the Israelites — sons of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob — is causing many in the church to stand against Israel and believe the lies of the “Palestinians”. We know what prophecy says but pray the real church would not succumb to these lies.
Psalm 105:8-11 “He remembers His covenant forever, the word which he commanded to a thousand generations, the covenant he made with Abraham, his oath He swore to Isaac. He confirmed it to Jacob as a decree, to Israel as an everlasting covenant: ‘To you will I give the land of Canaan as the portion you will inherit.’
- Pray against the spirit of anti-semitism, which is growing stronger as a result of this falling away.
- Pray the remnant church would be strong and stand up against this.
Psalm 119:112 “My heart is set on keeping Your decrees to the very end.”
Revelation 12:11 “They overcame him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony; they did not love their lives so much as to shrink from death.”
- Pray for safe houses to be established for the Jewish people, just as they now have them for believing Muslims.
Proverbs 27:12 “The prudent see danger and take refuge, but the simple keep going and suffer for it.”
- Pray for a spirit of joy and gladness for the remnant.
Psalm 126:3 “The Lord has done great things for us and we are filled with joy.”
- Thank you, Adonai, Yeshua, that the Word of Elohim does not return void, but goes swifty throughout the earth.
We are continuing to lift up these persecuted witnesses to the Lord:
Leah Sharibu prisoner of Boko Haram since 2018. Pray for her release.
Alice Loksha Ngaddah was kidnapped in February 2019. She is a mother of two, working as a nurse for UNICEF. Pray for her release.
Pastor Wang Yi to be released from Chinese prison.
Anita a Christian convert, facing a long prison term who escaped from Iran and praying to go to a country where she can express her faith openly.
Pastor Youcef Nadarkhani from Iran for his release and his family as their persecution continues. Pastor Nadarkhani is serving the second year of his six-year sentence.
“I am sending you, to open their eyes so that they may turn from darkness to light and from the dominion of Satan to God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins and an inheritance among those who have been sanctified by faith in Me” (Acts 26:18)
Valerie Creekmore, Persecution Watch Prayer Call Moderator
Prayer Conference Call Details
Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday
From any location on your phone
USA Time Zone:
9:00 PM Eastern
8:00 PM Central
7:00 PM Mountain
6:00 PM Pacific
Call in number: (667) 770-1476
Access Code: 281207#
Recommended: For those who may be subject to added charges for conference calls. Please download the app, it’s free!
MOBILE APP: Free Conference Call HD also provides a quick and easy way for you to dial into conference calls without having to remember the dial-in credentials. Save all of your conference call dial-in numbers and access codes using this free app. With the Free Conference Call HD you can instantly dial into a conference call via 3G/4G data network and or regular mobile carrier. Google Play link or App Store – iTunes
If you are experiencing any difficulties joining the call, please let us know.
What is Persecution Watch?
Persecution Watch is a U.S. national prayer conference call ministry that prays specifically for the global Persecuted Church. For over a decade, Blaine Scogin led this national network of believers who faithfully pray for the persecuted and the global harvest for the Kingdom of God. The group meets via a free call-in service every Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday night at 9pm Eastern time in the United States (please check your time zone). Blaine also served as Prayer Director for Voice of the Persecuted, and the missions became one. Brother Blaine passed into glory on December 26, 2019. It was truly a blessing for all of us to serve alongside this dear man of God and he will be greatly missed. The prayer mission of Persecution Watch remains an important part of our mission. Voice of the Persecuted is committed to continue the prayer conference call for the persecuted along with the dedicated Persecution Watch prayer warrior team.
Prior to the passing of Brother Blaine, he confirmed the passing of the torch as prayer conference call leader to Nadia Dybvik. Nadia has a burdened heart for the persecuted and is a prayer warrior standing in the gap for them. She joined the Persecution Watch prayer team in 2013 and has been part of the core ever since. Before becoming the prayer call leader, she served in the role of prayer moderator since 2015. Blaine chose Nadia for her faithfulness to pray for the persecuted and her strong commitment to the Persecution Watch mission. We are blessed not only with her gift of prayer, but her genuine love for every brother and sister in Christ that comes on the call to pray. May the Lord continue to bless Nadia and the prayer team in the mission and their personal lives.
“Pray for us” is the number one request that we hear from the persecuted. As the members of the first century Church were moved by the Holy Spirit to pray, we too must continue to serve those suffering persecution by lifting them up to the Lord through prayer.
On occasion, persecuted brothers and sisters have been invited on the conference call to share the trials they are facing. The team serves to encourage them by washing their feet in Spirit led prayer. Time is often reserved for those on the call to ask questions. We believe this helps to gain a better understanding of the situation that persecuted Christians endure in their specific nations. Q&A also helps us to focus our prayers based on their current needs.
Persecution Watch also hosts callers who want to pray united from other nations. If your heart is perplexed by the sufferings of our persecuted brothers and sisters, you no longer need to pray alone.
We welcome all who desire to pray for the persecuted church and consider it a joy to pray together with you. If you are new to the call and cannot find your voice, listen in and pray silently or on mute. We are grateful and thank the Lord for bringing us all together to pray in agreement for our persecuted family in Christ. We can all be prayer warriors on this call!
God bless and protect you in your faithfulness to serve.
Lois Kanalos, Founder, Voice of the Persecuted, Nadia Dybvik, Persecution Watch Prayer Call Leader and the Persecution Watch Prayer Team
NOTE: Please fill out the form in the sign up link below to be included in our distribution list to receive urgent prayer requests, prayer points, notification of special prayer events and special guest speakers.
Note to Voice of the Persecuted (VOP) readers: The Persecution Watch prayer team is also the prayer team of Voice of the Persecuted. SIGN UP today.