(Voice of the Persecuted) You’re invited to join us on Saturday day, May 20, 2023, in a prayer conference call for the persecuted church hosted by Persecution Watch.
Judges 21:25 (last verse of book) “In those days Israel had no king; everyone did what was right in his own eyes.”
If you ask, most people will say that they are a good person. God’s Word is our moral compass; without it, everything else is a relative moral or amoral compass.
• Pray for access to God’s Word and for people to read it.
Judges 1:25-27 “But Manasseh did not drive out the people of Beth Shan …for the Canaanite’s were determined to live in the land. When Israeli became strong, they pressed the Canaanites into forced labor but never drove them out completely.” Tribe after tribe, except Judah, did not drive them out, but most of them used them as forced labor. When they allowed the enemy to stay, it was not long before the captors became captives.
• Pray the church would be strong and not be taken captive, physically or spiritually.
• Pray church would not allow sin to operate so their lives would be easier according to world standards.
• Pray the church would separate itself from ways of the world. (Come out from among them and be separate 2 Cor. 6:17)
Psalm 35:1-2 “Contend O LORD with those who contend with me; fight against those who fight against me. Take up shield and buckler; arise and come to my aid.”
• Pray Adonai would protect his people from those trying to hurt or destroy them.Psalm 35:8 “May ruin overtake them by surprise—May the net they hid entangle them, may they fall into the pit to their ruin.”
• Pray those who plant snares and traps or explosives would be taken by them, so they or others would see and be ashamed and be saved.
Psalm 35:10 “My whole being will exclaim, ‘Who is like you O LORD? You rescue the poor from those who are too strong for them, the poor and needy from those who rob them.”
• Pray those persecuting the Christians would not succeed in taking their land or robbing or destroying their property.
Psalm 35:11 “Ruthless witnesses come forward; they question me on things I know nothing about.”
• Pray lies would be discovered and justice would prevail. Pray this would discourage others from giving false testimony.
Psalm 35:18 “I will give you thanks in the great assembly; among throngs of people I will praise you.”
• Pray for a spirit of praise and thanksgiving.
Psalm 35:27 “May those who delight in my vindication shout for joy and gladness; May they always say ’The Lord be exalted, who delights in the well being of his servant’. “
• Pray for a spirit of joy and delight in the LORD.
John 11:25 “Jesus said to her ‘I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in me will live, even though he dies’”
• Pray for increased faith in the Word; pray church would see more from an eternal perspective.
John 11:31 “When the Jews who had been with Mary in the house, comforting her, noticed how quickly she got up and went out, they followed her, supposing she was going to the tomb to mourn there.”
• Pray for people from the local church, NGOs, pray for the Holy Spirit to comfort those who have lost loved ones. Pray they feel our prayers.
John 11:43-44 “When He had said this, Jesus called in a loud voice, ‘Lazarus come out!’ The dead man came out, his hands and feet wrapped with strips of linen and a cloth around his face. Jesus said to them, ‘Take off the grave clothes and let him go’.”
• Pray for miracles, signs and wonders by the church. Many believed because of this Messianic miracle, though not everyone.
1 John 4:1 “Dear friends, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world.”
• Pray the church would not be deceived.
Artificial intelligence with imitating peoples’ voices and even images have made it easier and easier for men to be deceived. The Word says God will shorten the time or else even the elect would be deceived.
Again, we want to lift-up these persecuted witnesses to the Lord:
- Leah Sharibu, a prisoner of Boko Haram since 2018, pray for her release.
- Alice Loksha Ngaddah, kidnapped February 2019. She is a mother of two, working as a nurse for UNICEF. Pray for her release.
- Pray for Pastor Wang Yi to be released from prison
- For Pastor Youcef Nadarkhani from Iran, as he and his family are adjusting from his release from prison, that they may know what is God’s will is for them now. Pray for the trauma they had to endure.
- 37 Then he said to his disciples, “The harvest is plentiful, but the laborers are few; 38 therefore pray earnestly to the Lord of the harvest to send out laborers into his harvest.” Matthew 9:37-38
Valerie Creekmore, Persecution Watch Prayer Call Moderator
Prayer Conference Call Details
Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday
From any location on your phone
USA Time Zone:
9:00 PM Eastern
8:00 PM Central
7:00 PM Mountain
6:00 PM Pacific
Call in number: (667) 770-1476
Access Code: 281207#
MOBILE APP: Free Conference Call HD also provides a quick and easy way for you to dial into conference calls without having to remember the dial-in credentials. Save all your conference call dial-in numbers and access codes using this free app. With the Free Conference Call HD you can instantly dial into a conference call via data network or regular mobile carrier. Google Play link or App Store – iTunes
If you are experiencing any difficulties joining the call, please let us know.
What is Persecution Watch?
Persecution Watch is a U.S. national prayer conference call ministry that prays specifically for the global Persecuted Church. For over a decade, Blaine Scogin led this national network of believers who faithfully pray for the persecuted and the global harvest for the Kingdom of God. The group meets via a free call-in service every Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday night at 9pm Eastern time in the United States (please check your time zone). Blaine also served as Prayer Director for Voice of the Persecuted, and both missions became one. Brother Blaine passed into glory on December 26, 2019. It was truly a blessing for all of us to serve alongside this dear man of God and he will be greatly missed. The prayer mission of Persecution Watch remains an important part of our mission. Voice of the Persecuted is committed to continue the prayer conference call for the persecuted along with the dedicated Persecution Watch prayer warrior team.
Prior to the passing of Brother Blaine, he confirmed the passing of the torch as prayer conference call leader to Nadia Dybvik. Nadia has a burdened heart for the persecuted and is a prayer warrior standing in the gap for them. She joined the Persecution Watch prayer team in 2013 and has been part of the core ever since. Before becoming the prayer call leader, she served in the role of prayer moderator since 2015. Blaine chose Nadia for her faithfulness to pray for the persecuted and her strong commitment to the Persecution Watch mission. We are blessed not only with her gift of prayer, but her genuine love for every brother and sister in Christ that comes on the call to pray. May the Lord continue to bless Nadia and the prayer team in the mission and their personal lives.
“Pray for us” is the number one request that we hear from the persecuted. As the members of the first century Church was moved by the Holy Spirit to pray, we too must continue to serve those suffering persecution by lifting them up to the Lord through prayer.
On occasion, persecuted brothers and sisters have been invited on the conference call to share the trials they are facing. The team serves to encourage them by washing their feet in Spirit led prayer. Time is often reserved for those on the call to ask questions. We believe this helps to gain a better understanding of the situation that persecuted Christians endure in their specific nations. Q&A also helps us to focus our prayers based on their current needs.
Persecution Watch also hosts callers who want to pray united from other nations. If your heart is perplexed by the sufferings of our persecuted brothers and sisters, you no longer need to pray alone.
We welcome all who desire to pray for the persecuted church and consider it a joy to pray together with you. If you are new to the call and cannot find your voice, listen in and pray silently, or muted. We are grateful and thank the Lord for bringing us all together to pray in agreement for our persecuted family in Christ. We can all be prayer warriors on this call!
God bless and protect you in your faithfulness to serve.
Lois Kanalos, Founder, Voice of the Persecuted, Nadia Dybvik, Persecution Watch Prayer Call Leader and the Persecution Watch Prayer Team
NOTE: Please fill out the form in the link below to be included in our distribution list to receive urgent prayer requests, prayer points, notification of special prayer events and special guest speakers.
Note to Voice of the Persecuted (VOP) readers: The Persecution Watch prayer team is also the prayer team of Voice of the Persecuted. SIGN UP today.