(Voice of the Persecuted) You’re invited to join us on Saturday, May 13, 2023, in a prayer conference call for the persecuted church hosted by Persecution Watch.
Dear Prayer Warriors, we want to lift Israel in prayer during this time between Passover and Shavuot. Many Christians have been prompted to pray and some to fast during these days. We know the important thing is for all the people to have a loving relationship with the living God; to know Messiah Yeshua as Savior, and Adonai. And, thanksgiving that all Israel will be saved, as per Romans 11:26,27
There are pages of prayers from Isaiah 62, with one scripture for each of the days from May 7, the 31st day of counting the Omer, to Shavuot, the 50th day. I am choosing and paraphrasing some of them.
Isaiah 62:1 “For Zion’s sake I will not keep silent, and for Jerusalem’s sake I will not remain quiet, till her righteousness shines out like the dawn, her salvation like a blazing torch.
- Pray for salvation for all Israel.
- Help Your people to declare Your Holy Name among the people and Nations.
- Pray for a spirit of repentance for both believers and unbelievers.
- Pray Israel would truly be a righteous Nation.
Isaiah 62:2a “The Nations will see your righteousness and all kings your glory”
- Pray leaders of other Nations would see God’s hand upon Israel and God’s glory in the land.
Isaiah 62:2b “You will be called by a new name that the mouth of the Lord will bestow”
- Pray for a breaking of the power of derogatory names for Israel and the Jewish people; change the hearts of those who do so and heal the wounds of those hurt by them.
Isaiah 62:3 “You will be a crown of splendor in the LORD’s hand, a royal diadem in the hand of your God. No longer will they call you Deserted or your land Desolate.”
- Pray governing authorities in Israel to align with the decrees of God’s Word. Give them the fear of the LORD so they may govern with much wisdom, understanding and knowledge that comes with it.
- Raise up leaders in Zion who seek God’s royal leadership and give them favor.
Isaiah 62:4 “No longer will they call you Deserted, or name your land Desolate, but you will be called Hephzibah and your land Beulah”
- This is the LORD’s land which belongs to Him. It is not to be bought or sold OR given away. Pray for repentance for doing just that. Pray for its leaders to be zealous for the land.
- Pray protection for its borders, inside and out. Protect the land and its people from death and destruction by enemy attacks. Find out all terrorist plots and squash them.
Isaiah 62:5 For as a young man marries a young woman, so shall your sons marry you, and as the bridegroom rejoices over the bride, so shall your God rejoice over you.”
- Pray against the spirit of antisemitism, including all replacement theology and cursing Israel. Deliver the church from it.
- Pray for Intercessors with the opposite spirit of replacement theology to heal both the church and those hurt and embittered by it.
- Pray for a release of all the land Yah desires Israel to have, now and in the future, especially Judea, Samaria, and Gaza.
- Pray for justice to prevail for all who live in the land, whether Jew or Arab or any other people.
- Pray for rain to water the dry and thirsty ground; make more of the desert bloom, even naturally, as well as the wonder working technologies You have given to them. May it be for God’s glory.
- Pray for revival during this time.
Again, we want to lift-up these persecuted witnesses to the Lord:
- Leah Sharibu, a prisoner of Boko Haram since 2018. Pray for her release.
- Alice Loksha Ngaddah, kidnapped February 2019. She is a mother of two, working as a nurse for UNICEF. Pray for her release.
- Pray for Pastor Wang Yi to be released from prison
- For Pastor Youcef Nadarkhani from Iran, as he and his family are adjusting from his release from prison, that they may know what God’s will is for them now. Pray for the trauma they had to endure. UPDATE: According to Article 18, once sentenced to death for his “apostasy” has been “pardoned” and released after nearly five years in Tehran’s Evin Prison, but told Nadarkhani that he still faces flogging (30 lashes) and two years’ exile 2,000km from his home. Read the report here
- UPDATE (March 17, 2023): Ryan Koher, a pilot for the U.S.-based ministry Mission Aviation Fellowship (MAF), and two of the ministry’s South African volunteers were released from a Mozambican prison Tuesday afternoon, the organization announced. The trio had been held at a high-security prison inside the southeastern African country for four months. Their release is a provisional one and they are required to remain in the country, while their case is still ongoing, according to MAF. Koher is said to be “doing well” following his release and has spoken multiple times with his wife, Annabel, and his two sons since his release, the ministry said. Source
- 37 Then he said to his disciples, “The harvest is plentiful, but the laborers are few; 38 therefore pray earnestly to the Lord of the harvest to send out laborers into his harvest.” Matthew 9:37-38
Valerie Creekmore, Persecution Watch Prayer Moderator
Prayer Conference Call Details
Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday
From any location on your phone
USA Time Zone:
9:00 PM Eastern
8:00 PM Central
7:00 PM Mountain
6:00 PM Pacific
Call in number: (667) 770-1476
Access Code: 281207#
MOBILE APP: Free Conference Call HD also provides a quick and easy way for you to dial into conference calls without having to remember the dial-in credentials. Save all of your conference call dial-in numbers and access codes using this free app. With the Free Conference Call HD you can instantly dial into a conference call via 3G/4G data network and or regular mobile carrier. Google Play link or App Store – iTunes
If you are experiencing any difficulties joining the call, please let us know.
What is Persecution Watch?
moved by the Holy Spirit to pray, we too must continue to serve those suffering persecution by lifting them up to the Lord through prayer.
On occasion, persecuted brothers and sisters have been invited on the conference call to share the trials they are facing. The team serves to encourage them by washing their feet in Spirit led prayer. Time is often reserved for those on the call to ask questions. We believe this helps to gain a better understanding of the situation that persecuted Christians endure in their specific nations. Q&A also helps us to focus our prayers based on their current needs.
Persecution Watch also hosts callers who want to pray united from other nations. If your heart is perplexed by the sufferings of our persecuted brothers and sisters, you no longer need to pray alone.
We welcome all who desire to pray for the persecuted church and consider it a joy to pray together with you. If you are new to the call and cannot find your voice, listen in and pray silently or on mute. We are grateful and thank the Lord for bringing us all together to pray in agreement for our persecuted family in Christ. We can all be prayer warriors on this call!
God bless and protect you in your faithfulness to serve.
Lois Kanalos, Founder, Voice of the Persecuted, Nadia Dybvik, Persecution Watch Prayer Call Leader, and the Persecution Watch Prayer Team
NOTE: Please fill out the form in the sign-up link below to be included in our distribution list to receive urgent prayer requests, prayer points, notification of special prayer events and special guest speakers.
Note to Voice of the Persecuted (VOP) readers: The Persecution Watch prayer team is also the prayer team of Voice of the Persecuted. SIGN UP today.