(Voice of the Persecuted) You’re invited to join us on Saturday, April 22, 2023, in a prayer conference call for the persecuted church hosted by Persecution Watch.
Psalm 108:1 “My heart is steadfast, O God; I will sing and make music with all my heart.”
- Pray that no matter the circumstances Christians would be able to praise and give thanks.
Psalm 24:1 “The earth is the LORD’s and everything in it, the world and all who live in it.”
- Pray Christians would have peace that passes understanding, knowing that God is in control.
John 9:3 “…but this happened so that the work of God might be displayed in his life.”
- Pray and give thanks that what Satan meant for evil God will turn to good; that miraculous signs would draw people to Messiah.
John 9:4 “As long as it is day, we must do the work of him who sent me. Night is coming when no one can work.”
- Pray for countries that are open to the gospel: that many will testify and preach and many will hear.
- Pray for countries that are closed to the Word.
- Pray protection for workers, Bibles and other Christian literature be smuggled in, for gatherings, for broadcasts.
- Pray for provision for Christians who are denied jobs, schooling, access to wells, food distribution.
John 9:5 “While I am in the world, I am the light of the world.”
- Pray blind eyes be opened to the Word; pray for increased revelation for Christians.
John 9:22 “His parents said this because they were afraid of the Jewish leaders, who already had decided that anyone who acknowledged that Jesus was the Messiah would be put out of the synagogue..”
- Pray against fear of man and rejection, which is a hindrance to salvation.
John 9:32 “Nobody has ever heard of opening the eyes of a man born blind.”
- Pray true signs and miracles would draw people to the truth; that they would glorify God.
John 9:34 “To this they replied, ‘You were steeped in sin at birth; how dare you lecture us! And they threw him out’.”
- Pray against the pride of religious leaders.
Ephesians 4:1 “As a prisoner for the Lord, then, I urge you to live a life worthy of the calling you have received.”
- Pray in agreement with that; Christians would know their calling and press on to fulfill it.
Ephesians 4:4 “There is one body and one Spirit— just as you were called to one hope when you were called.”
- Pray for unity in the body of Messiah.
Ephesians 4:14 “Then we will no longer be infants, tossed back and forth by the waves, and blown here and there by every wind of teaching and by the cunning and craftiness of men in their deceitful scheming.”
- Pray for discernment.
Ephesians 4:15 “Instead, speaking the truth in love, we will in all things grow up into him who is the head, that is, Messiah.”
- Pray for maturity in Christians, exhibiting the fruits of the Spirit.
Again, we want to lift-up these persecuted witnesses to the Lord:
- Leah Sharibu, a prisoner of Boko Haram since 2018. Pray for her release.
- Alice Loksha Ngaddah, kidnapped February 2019. She is a mother of two, working as a nurse for UNICEF. Pray for her release.
- Pray for Pastor Wang Yi to be released from prison
- For Pastor Youcef Nadarkhani from Iran, as he and his family are adjusting from his release from prison, that they may know what God’s will is for them now. Pray for the trauma they had to endure. UPDATE: According to Article 18, once sentenced to death for his “apostasy” has been “pardoned” and released after nearly five years in Tehran’s Evin Prison, but told Nadarkhani that he still faces flogging (30 lashes) and two years’ exile 2,000km from his home. Read the report here
- UPDATE (March 17, 2023): Ryan Koher, a pilot for the U.S.-based ministry Mission Aviation Fellowship (MAF), and two of the ministry’s South African volunteers were released from a Mozambican prison Tuesday afternoon, the organization announced. The trio had been held at a high-security prison inside the southeastern African country for four months. Their release is a provisional one and they are required to remain in the country, while their case is still ongoing, according to MAF. Koher is said to be “doing well” following his release and has spoken multiple times with his wife, Annabel, and his two sons since his release, the ministry said. Source
- 37 Then he said to his disciples, “The harvest is plentiful, but the laborers are few; 38 therefore pray earnestly to the Lord of the harvest to send out laborers into his harvest.” Matthew 9:37-38
Valerie Creekmore, Persecution Watch Prayer Call Moderator
Prayer Conference Call Details
Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday
From any location on your phone
USA Time Zone:
9:00 PM Eastern
8:00 PM Central
7:00 PM Mountain
6:00 PM Pacific
Call in number: (667) 770-1476
Access Code: 281207#
MOBILE APP: Free Conference Call HD also provides a quick and easy way for you to dial into conference calls without having to remember the dial-in credentials. Save all of your conference call dial-in numbers and access codes using this free app. With the Free Conference Call HD you can instantly dial into a conference call via 3G/4G data network and or regular mobile carrier. Google Play link or App Store – iTunes
If you are experiencing any difficulties joining the call, please let us know.
What is Persecution Watch?
moved by the Holy Spirit to pray, we too must continue to serve those suffering persecution by lifting them up to the Lord through prayer.
On occasion, persecuted brothers and sisters have been invited on the conference call to share the trials they are facing. The team serves to encourage them by washing their feet in Spirit led prayer. Time is often reserved for those on the call to ask questions. We believe this helps to gain a better understanding of the situation that persecuted Christians endure in their specific nations. Q&A also helps us to focus our prayers based on their current needs.
Persecution Watch also hosts callers who want to pray united from other nations. If your heart is perplexed by the sufferings of our persecuted brothers and sisters, you no longer need to pray alone.
We welcome all who desire to pray for the persecuted church and consider it a joy to pray together with you. If you are new to the call and cannot find your voice, listen in and pray silently or on mute. We are grateful and thank the Lord for bringing us all together to pray in agreement for our persecuted family in Christ. We can all be prayer warriors on this call!
God bless and protect you in your faithfulness to serve.
Lois Kanalos, Founder, Voice of the Persecuted, Nadia Dybvik, Persecution Watch Prayer Call Leader and the Persecution Watch Prayer Team
NOTE: Please fill out the form in the sign-up link below to be included in our distribution list to receive urgent prayer requests, prayer points, notification of special prayer events and special guest speakers.
Note to Voice of the Persecuted (VOP) readers: The Persecution Watch prayer team is also the prayer team of Voice of the Persecuted. SIGN UP today.