(Voice of the Persecuted) You are invited to join us on Saturday, February 18, 2023, in a prayer conference call for the persecuted church hosted by Persecution Watch.
Israel has formed a new coalition government which is arousing the ire of multitudes in Israel, as well as most of the world. Protesters gather daily by the thousands, except on Shabbat. The national and international media has highly criticized this new government even before any legislation was proposed, and violence has been escalating at an alarming rate. The rest of the world seems to be descending into rebellion and chaos. We can look at Russia, Ukraine, Nigeria and most of Africa, Peru, Haiti, etc. Almost everyone wants his own way, believes his opinion is right and is not willing to listen. Hate and discontent is rampant. Wisdom is crying out at the city gate. We are living in perilous times.
2 Timothy 3:1-5 “But understand this: there will be terrible times in the last days. People will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, proud, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, without love, unforgiving, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not lovers of the good, treacherous, rash, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God — having a form of godliness but denying its power. Have nothing to do with them.
Matthew 6:9 “This is how you should pray: ‘Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name,
- Pray believers would know that our Father is a good Father, trusting in Him at all times.
- Pray unbelievers would taste and see that our Father is good and wants all people to come to Him.
- Pray both believers and unbelievers fear our Father in heaven and revere His Holy Name.
- Pray for a spirit of praise and worship upon believers; let it permeate the atmosphere.
Matthew 6:10 “Your kingdom come, your will be done on earth as it is in heaven.”
- Pray just that. We have a poor understanding of God’s intricate plans and need to trust in Him. All this shaking seems to be part of God’s plan to establish His Kingdom.
- Pray all these calamities and wars would cause people to seek the face of the LORD.
- Pray that these calamities would give Christians an open door to spread the gospel.
- Pray the escalating clashes between the Palestinians and Israelis would either bring forth God’s plan for Israel to possess her as promised or quench this violence. His will be done.
- Pray Israel would be able to stop the lies in the children’s textbooks in Gaza, Judea, and Samaria. Children have been taught lies now for two and three generations. Pray for truth to prevail.
- Pray for protection of all innocent people and their children in Israel and elsewhere.
Matthew 6:11 “Give us today our daily bread”
Pray for provision, especially food, for Christians and others; pray for the miracle of the loaves and fishes so that Christians would be able to share food and the good news as well.
- Pray for supernatural healings by Christians both for themselves and for others as the Spirit leads.
Matthew 6:12 “Forgive us our debts as we also have forgiven our debtors.”
- Pray Christians and even others, if possible, would be able to forgive and pray for their enemies.
Matthew 6:13 “And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from the evil one.”
James 1:13-15 “When tempted, no one should say, ‘God is tempting me,’. For God cannot be tempted by evil, nor does he tempt anyone; but each one is tempted when, by his own evil desire, he is dragged away and enticed. Then, after desire has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and sin, when it is full grown, gives birth to death.”
- Pray for wisdom, understanding and knowledge for all Christians; they would not be deceived, but grow closer to the LORD. Pray the fruit of the Spirit would be manifest.
- Pray for unity in the body. Satan wants to divide and conquer. Pray for unity among Messianic Jews in Israel also.
- Pray for an increase of love as described in 1 Corinthians 13. Love never fails.
Again, we want to lift-up these persecuted witnesses to the Lord:
- Leah Sharibu, a prisoner of Boko Haram since 2018. Pray for her release.
- Alice Loksha Ngaddah, kidnapped February 2019. She is a mother of two, working as a nurse for UNICEF. Pray for her release.
- Pray for Pastor Wang Yi to be released from prison
- For the release of Pastor Youcef Nadarkhani from Iran, and his family as their Persecution continues. Pastor Nadarkhani is serving the second year of his six-year sentence, recently reduced from ten years.
- Pray for Ryan Kohler, pilot for Mission Aviation who is in prison in Mozambique. While flying supplies to orphanages in the Northeast of the country, he and two others were detained and accused of supporting terrorism.
- “I am sending you, to open their eyes so that they may turn from darkness to light and from the dominion of Satan to God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins and an inheritance among those who have been sanctified by faith in Me” (Acts 26:18)
Valerie Creekmore, Persecution Watch Prayer Call Moderator
Prayer Conference Call Details
Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday
From any location on your phone
USA Time Zone:
9:00 PM Eastern
8:00 PM Central
7:00 PM Mountain
6:00 PM Pacific
Call in number: (667) 770-1476
Access Code: 281207#
Recommended: For those who may be subject to added charges for conference calls. Please download the app, it’s free!
MOBILE APP: Free Conference Call HD also provides a quick and easy way for you to dial into conference calls without having to remember the dial-in credentials. Save all of your conference call dial-in numbers and access codes using this free app. With the Free Conference Call HD you can instantly dial into a conference call via 3G/4G data network and or regular mobile carrier. Google Play link or App Store – iTunes
If you are experiencing any difficulties joining the call, please let us know.
What is Persecution Watch?
Persecution Watch is a U.S. national prayer conference call ministry that prays specifically for the global Persecuted Church. For over a decade, Blaine Scogin led this national network of believers who faithfully pray for the persecuted and the global harvest for the Kingdom of God. The group meets via a free call-in service every Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday night at 9pm Eastern time in the United States (please check your time zone). Blaine also served as Prayer Director for Voice of the Persecuted, and the missions became one. Brother Blaine passed into glory on December 26, 2019. It was truly a blessing for all of us to serve alongside this dear man of God and he will be greatly missed. The prayer mission of Persecution Watch remains an important part of our mission. Voice of the Persecuted is committed to continue the prayer conference call for the persecuted along with the dedicated Persecution Watch prayer warrior team.
Prior to the passing of Brother Blaine, he confirmed the passing of the torch as prayer conference call leader to Nadia Dybvik. Nadia has a burdened heart for the persecuted and is a prayer warrior standing in the gap for them. She joined the Persecution Watch prayer team in 2013 and has been part of the core ever since. Before becoming the prayer call leader, she served in the role of prayer moderator since 2015. Blaine chose Nadia for her faithfulness to pray for the persecuted and her strong commitment to the Persecution Watch mission. We are blessed not only with her gift of prayer, but her genuine love for every brother and sister in Christ that comes on the call to pray. May the Lord continue to bless Nadia and the prayer team in the mission and their personal lives.
“Pray for us” is the number one request that we hear from the persecuted. As the members of the first century Church were moved by the Holy Spirit to pray, we too must continue to serve those suffering persecution by lifting them up to the Lord through prayer.
On occasion, persecuted brothers and sisters have been invited on the conference call to share the trials they are facing. The team serves to encourage them by washing their feet in Spirit led prayer. Time is often reserved for those on the call to ask questions. We believe this helps to gain a better understanding of the situation that persecuted Christians endure in their specific nations. Q&A also helps us to focus our prayers based on their current needs.
Persecution Watch also hosts callers who want to pray united from other nations. If your heart is perplexed by the sufferings of our persecuted brothers and sisters, you no longer need to pray alone.
We welcome all who desire to pray for the persecuted church and consider it a joy to pray together with you. If you are new to the call and cannot find your voice, listen in and pray silently or on mute. We are grateful and thank the Lord for bringing us all together to pray in agreement for our persecuted family in Christ. We can all be prayer warriors on this call!
God bless and protect you in your faithfulness to serve.
Lois Kanalos, Founder, Voice of the Persecuted, Nadia Dybvik, Persecution Watch Prayer Call Leader and the Persecution Watch Prayer Team
NOTE: Please fill out the form in the sign up link below to be included in our distribution list to receive urgent prayer requests, prayer points, notification of special prayer events and special guest speakers.
Note to Voice of the Persecuted (VOP) readers: The Persecution Watch prayer team is also the prayer team of Voice of the Persecuted. SIGN UP today.