Philippines consists of over 7,600 islands
Population: 109 million
88.7% Christian (76% Catholics, Evangelicals 10% – Operation World)
5.3% Other / None
The last President, Duterte, was considered by many as a violent despot. The current President Bongbong Marcos is facing arrest in the United States, for whitewashing the human rights abuses and plunder that took place during his father’s presidency (1965 – 1986).
The majority of Muslims live in Mindanao and nearby islands. Mindanao is one of five provinces that came under the Muslim rule in 2019, from a peace deal with the rebel Moro Islamic Liberation Front. The Islamic Abu Sayyaf rebels rejected the peace deal, as it preferred a broader Asian caliphate.
Islamic extremists routinely threaten Christians and have killed many pastors. However, a significant number of Christians remain as a bold witness. Communist rebels also attack Christians.
- that cross-cultural workers will reach out fearlessly in dangerous unreached areas, especially among the Maguindanao people.
- Pray that newly baptized believers will stand firm in their faith.
- Pray for believers who feel called to live and minister among an unreached people group.
- Pray that a new believer will be able to tell his/her family about new life in Christ.
- Pray that village community leaders will welcome front-line workers.
- Pray for all believers in the Philippine’s Muslim-majority Mindanao Island, who endure various forms or persecution.
- Pray that, despite persecution, these new Believers would continue to grow in their faith and be a light in their village.
The Manila metropolitan area has 20 million people. Most evangelicals live in the wealthy areas. 50% of the slums & squatter communities have no evangelical church.
- Pray that the Body of Christ remembers them.
Philippines has many cults with Christian names -usually, they are controlling.
- Pray for biblical truth to prevail!
Philippines’ main export are people – 8 million working abroad as nurses, domestic servants, etc. – some work in closed countries to share the gospel, sometimes suffering for their faith.
- Pray for their boldness, protection, and their witness.
Palawan is an isolated island where many Muslims are moving in. But many indigenous people are coming to the Lord.
- Pray the church would grow, and witness to the Muslims.
In 2013, a super typhoon named Haiyan (deadlier than Hurricane Katrina that had swept the US) ravaged the central provinces of the Philippines, killing an estimated 10,000 victims.
- Pray that the Lord will give unwavering faith in the Lord to our Filipino brothers and sisters.
Again, we want to lift these persecuted witnesses to the Lord:
- Leah Sharibu, a prisoner of Boko Haram since 2018, pray for her release.
- Alice Loksha Ngaddah, kidnapped February 2019. She is a mother of two, working as a nurse for UNICEF. Pray for her release.
- Pray For Pastor Wang Yi to be released from prison.
- Pray for Anita to make an easy transition into her new culture and that the Lord will be gracious in bringing her family members where they too will be able to freely worship our Lord without fear..
- For the release of Pastor Youcef Nadarkhani from Iran, and his family as their persecution continues. Pastor Nadarkhani is serving the second year of his six-year sentence, recently reduced from ten years.
- “I am sending you, to open their eyes so that they may turn from darkness to light and from the dominion of Satan to God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins and an inheritance among those who have been sanctified by faith in Me” (Acts 26:18)
Michael Laird, Persecution Watch Prayer Call Moderator
Prayer Conference Call Details
Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday
From any location on your phone
USA Time Zone:
9:00 PM Eastern
8:00 PM Central
7:00 PM Mountain
6:00 PM Pacific
Call in number: (667) 770-1476
Access Code: 281207#
Recommended: For those who may be subject to added charges for conference calls. Please download the app, it’s free!
MOBILE APP: Free Conference Call HD also provides a quick and easy way for you to dial into conference calls without having to remember the dial-in credentials. Save all of your conference call dial-in numbers and access codes using this free app. With the Free Conference Call HD you can instantly dial into a conference call via 3G/4G data network and or regular mobile carrier. Google Play link or App Store – iTunes
If you are experiencing any difficulties joining the call, please let us know.
What is Persecution Watch?
Persecution Watch is a U.S. national prayer conference call ministry that prays specifically for the global Persecuted Church. For over a decade, Blaine Scogin led this national network of believers who faithfully pray for the persecuted and the global harvest for the Kingdom of God. The group meets via a free call-in service every Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday night at 9pm Eastern time in the United States (please check your time zone). Blaine also served as Prayer Director for Voice of the Persecuted, and the missions became one. Brother Blaine passed into glory on December 26, 2019. It was truly a blessing for all of us to serve alongside this dear man of God and he will be greatly missed. The prayer mission of Persecution Watch remains an important part of our mission. Voice of the Persecuted is committed to continue the prayer conference call for the persecuted along with the dedicated Persecution Watch prayer warrior team.
Prior to the passing of Brother Blaine, he confirmed the passing of the torch as prayer conference call leader to Nadia Dybvik. Nadia has a burdened heart for the persecuted and is a prayer warrior standing in the gap for them. She joined the Persecution Watch prayer team in 2013 and has been part of the core ever since. Before becoming the prayer call leader, she served in the role of prayer moderator since 2015. Blaine chose Nadia for her faithfulness to pray for the persecuted and her strong commitment to the Persecution Watch mission. We are blessed not only with her gift of prayer, but her genuine love for every brother and sister in Christ that comes on the call to pray. May the Lord continue to bless Nadia and the prayer team in the mission and their personal lives.
“Pray for us” is the number one request that we hear from the persecuted. As the members of the first century Church were moved by the Holy Spirit to pray, we too must continue to serve those suffering persecution by lifting them up to the Lord through prayer.
On occasion, persecuted brothers and sisters have been invited on the conference call to share the trials they are facing. The team serves to encourage them by washing their feet in Spirit led prayer. Time is often reserved for those on the call to ask questions. We believe this helps to gain a better understanding of the situation that persecuted Christians endure in their specific nations. Q&A also helps us to focus our prayers based on their current needs.
Persecution Watch also hosts callers who want to pray united from other nations. If your heart is perplexed by the sufferings of our persecuted brothers and sisters, you no longer need to pray alone.
We welcome all who desire to pray for the persecuted church and consider it a joy to pray together with you. If you are new to the call and cannot find your voice, listen in and pray silently or on mute. We are grateful and thank the Lord for bringing us all together to pray in agreement for our persecuted family in Christ. We can all be prayer warriors on this call!
God bless and protect you in your faithfulness to serve.
Lois Kanalos, Founder, Voice of the Persecuted, Nadia Dybvik, Persecution Watch Prayer Call Leader and the Persecution Watch Prayer Team
NOTE: Please fill out the form in the sign up link below to be included in our distribution list to receive urgent prayer requests, prayer points, notification of special prayer events and special guest speakers.
Note to Voice of the Persecuted (VOP) readers: The Persecution Watch prayer team is also the prayer team of Voice of the Persecuted. SIGN UP today.