Let us begin this secular New Year with spiritual praises and thanksgiving
Psalm 66:1-4 “Shout with joy to God all the earth! Sing to the glory of His Name; offer Him glory and praise!” Say to God ‘How awesome are your deeds! So great is your power that your enemies cringe before you.’ All the earth bows down to you; they sing praise to you, they sing praise to Your Name.”
- Pray all believers would have a spirit of joy and praise in spite of any and every circumstance.
- Pray for a manifestation of God’s awesome deeds.
- Pray that God’s enemies would flee from believers; that one would chase a thousand and two ten thousand.
Matthew 10:1 “He called his disciples to him and gave them authority to drive out evil spirits and to heal every disease and sickness.
- Pray for real disciples, and that they would take up the authority given to them.
Matthew 10:16 “I am sending you out as sheep among wolves. Therefore be as shrewd as snakes and as innocent as doves.”
- Pray for much wisdom and discernment.
Matthew 10:19 “But when they arrest you, do not worry about what to say or how to say it. At that time you will be given what to say.”
- Pray the Holy Spirit would take over the believers’ speech as they witness before others, as per this Word.
Matthew 10:22 “All men will hate you because of me, but he who stands firm to the end will be saved.”
- Pray believers would endure suffering and not give up and succumb to pressure, strong faith.
Matthew 10:26 “So do not be afraid of them. There is nothing concealed that will not be disclosed or hidden that will not be made known.”
- Pray against a spirit of fear; pray for truth to be revealed.
Matthew 10:27 “What I tell you in the dark, speak in the daylight; what is whispered in your ear, proclaim from the housetop.”
- Pray for more opportunities to witness, and boldness to accomplish this.
Matthew 10:40,41 “He who receives you receives me, and he who receives me receives the one who sent me.” “Anyone who receives a prophet because he is a prophet will receive a prophet’s reward, and anyone who receives a righteous man because he is a righteous man will receive a righteous man’s reward.”
- Pray believers would receive other believers when they are in trouble even though there is risk involved.
Psalm 68:5, 6a “A father of the fatherless, a defender of widows is God in his holy dwelling. God sets the lonely in families…”
- Pray for those who have lost loved ones.
- Pray for those rejected by family and or cast out of their homes.
Deuteronomy 29:29 “The secret things belong to the LORD our God, but the things revealed belong to us and to our children forever, that we may follow all the words of this law.”
- Pray for access to the Word; pray for a “rhema” Word that reveals a secret of God’s plan.
Matthew 11:17 “We played the flute for you and you did not dance; we sang a dirge and you did not mourn.”
- Pray against lukewarmness in the church; pray we would be passionate about Messiah and the Kingdom of God.
Matthew 11:20 “Then Jesus began to denounce the cities in which most of the miracles had been performed, because they did not repent.”
- Pray for repentance for both believers and unbelievers.
- Pray for the harvest of souls.
Matthew 11:28 “Come to me, all you who are weary and heavy burdened, and I will give you rest.”
- Pray believers would be able to cast their burdens on Adonai and not to worry.
Again, we want to lift these persecuted witnesses to the Lord:
- Leah Sharibu, a prisoner of Boko Haram since 2018, pray for her release.
- Alice Loksha Ngaddah, kidnapped February 2019. She is a mother of two, working as a nurse for UNICEF. Pray for her release.
- Pray For Pastor Wang Yi to be released from prison.
- Pray for Anita to make an easy transition into her new culture and that the Lord will be gracious in bringing her family members where they too will be able to freely worship our Lord without fear..
- For the release of Pastor Youcef Nadarkhani from Iran, and his family as their persecution continues. Pastor Nadarkhani is serving the second year of his six-year sentence, recently reduced from ten years.
- “I am sending you, to open their eyes so that they may turn from darkness to light and from the dominion of Satan to God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins and an inheritance among those who have been sanctified by faith in Me” (Acts 26:18)
Valerie Creekmore, Persecution Watch Prayer Call Moderator
Prayer Conference Call Details
Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday
From any location on your phone
USA Time Zone:
9:00 PM Eastern
8:00 PM Central
7:00 PM Mountain
6:00 PM Pacific
Call in number: (667) 770-1476
Access Code: 281207#
Recommended: For those who may be subject to added charges for conference calls. Please download the app, it’s free!
MOBILE APP: Free Conference Call HD also provides a quick and easy way for you to dial into conference calls without having to remember the dial-in credentials. Save all of your conference call dial-in numbers and access codes using this free app. With the Free Conference Call HD you can instantly dial into a conference call via 3G/4G data network and or regular mobile carrier. Google Play link or App Store – iTunes
If you are experiencing any difficulties joining the call, please let us know.
What is Persecution Watch?
Persecution Watch is a U.S. national prayer conference call ministry that prays specifically for the global Persecuted Church. For over a decade, Blaine Scogin led this national network of believers who faithfully pray for the persecuted and the global harvest for the Kingdom of God. The group meets via a free call-in service every Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday night at 9pm Eastern time in the United States (please check your time zone). Blaine also served as Prayer Director for Voice of the Persecuted, and the missions became one. Brother Blaine passed into glory on December 26, 2019. It was truly a blessing for all of us to serve alongside this dear man of God and he will be greatly missed. The prayer mission of Persecution Watch remains an important part of our mission. Voice of the Persecuted is committed to continue the prayer conference call for the persecuted along with the dedicated Persecution Watch prayer warrior team.
Prior to the passing of Brother Blaine, he confirmed the passing of the torch as prayer conference call leader to Nadia Dybvik. Nadia has a burdened heart for the persecuted and is a prayer warrior standing in the gap for them. She joined the Persecution Watch prayer team in 2013 and has been part of the core ever since. Before becoming the prayer call leader, she served in the role of prayer moderator since 2015. Blaine chose Nadia for her faithfulness to pray for the persecuted and her strong commitment to the Persecution Watch mission. We are blessed not only with her gift of prayer, but her genuine love for every brother and sister in Christ that comes on the call to pray. May the Lord continue to bless Nadia and the prayer team in the mission and their personal lives.
“Pray for us” is the number one request that we hear from the persecuted. As the members of the first century Church were moved by the Holy Spirit to pray, we too must continue to serve those suffering persecution by lifting them up to the Lord through prayer.
On occasion, persecuted brothers and sisters have been invited on the conference call to share the trials they are facing. The team serves to encourage them by washing their feet in Spirit led prayer. Time is often reserved for those on the call to ask questions. We believe this helps to gain a better understanding of the situation that persecuted Christians endure in their specific nations. Q&A also helps us to focus our prayers based on their current needs.
Persecution Watch also hosts callers who want to pray united from other nations. If your heart is perplexed by the sufferings of our persecuted brothers and sisters, you no longer need to pray alone.
We welcome all who desire to pray for the persecuted church and consider it a joy to pray together with you. If you are new to the call and cannot find your voice, listen in and pray silently or on mute. We are grateful and thank the Lord for bringing us all together to pray in agreement for our persecuted family in Christ. We can all be prayer warriors on this call!
God bless and protect you in your faithfulness to serve.
Lois Kanalos, Founder, Voice of the Persecuted, Nadia Dybvik, Persecution Watch Prayer Call Leader and the Persecution Watch Prayer Team
NOTE: Please fill out the form in the sign up link below to be included in our distribution list to receive urgent prayer requests, prayer points, notification of special prayer events and special guest speakers.
Note to Voice of the Persecuted (VOP) readers: The Persecution Watch prayer team is also the prayer team of Voice of the Persecuted. SIGN UP today.