(Voice of the Persecuted) You are invited to join us on Saturday, October 29, 2022, in a prayer conference call for the persecuted church hosted by Persecution Watch.
The Ruach Ha Kodesh, the Holy Spirit, has again put on my heart the need to do battle against the forces of evil. This Monday is Halloween. Many, especially former witches and warlocks, have said that Halloween is the devil’s high holy day. They report that the power of the Kingdom of Darkness is greatest on that day. It is celebrated greatly here in the USA, so that retail stores report that people spend the second most amount of money on Halloween items. Many, if not most churches, have some sort of festival on or the weekend before that day, calling it “trunk or treat”, or whatever.
1 Peter 5:8 “Be self-controlled and alert. Your enemy the Devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour
Judges 5:12 “Wake up, wake up Deborah! Wake up, wake up, break out in song! Arise O Barak! Take captive of your captives, oh son of Abinoam!
- Pray against the spirit of slothfulness in the church and start taking the offensive.
- Pray that churches would not participate in Halloween in any form.
Job 22:28 “You shall also decree a thing and it will be established, and light will shine on your ways.”
We can proclaim the Word of the Lord — His truth and His promises.
- Pray the church would declare and decree His truth and promises.
1 Corinthians 1:10 “I appeal to you, brothers, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that all of you agree with one another so that there be no divisions among you and that you may be perfectly united in mind and thought.”
- Pray for unity in the church — among denominations and within denominations so that we may effectively war against demonic strongholds.
Proverbs 24:10 “If you falter in times of trouble, how small is your strength!”
- Pray for increased strength in the church; they would not succumb to the ways of the world.
Proverbs 24:11 “Rescue those being led away to death; hold back those staggering toward slaughter.
Joel 3:14 “Multitudes, multitudes in the valley of decision! For the Day of the Lord is near in the valley of decision
- Pray for more intercessors, and for all Christians to do battle in prayer.
- Pray for multitudes to come to the saving knowledge of Messiah; pray for more laborers to reap the harvest.
Psalm 119:98 “Your commands make me wiser than my enemies, for they are ever with me.”
2 Corinthians 2:11 “In order that Satan might not outwit us. For we are not unaware of his schemes.” (Last verse is talking about unforgiveness, but applies to all Satan’s traps and schemes)
- Pray Christians would have much wisdom in dealing with the enemy and obey God’s commands.
- Pray Christians would obey the command to forgive their enemies who persecute them.
- Pray against the spirit of deception. Satan is the father of lies and this is his #1 tactic.
Joshua 1:9 “Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified, do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.”
- Pray against a spirit of fear. Fear of rejection, fear to witness, etc.
1 Thessalonians 5:6-18 “Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.”
- Pray church would be able to give thanks in all circumstances and have a thankful heart.
- Pray for a spirit of joy and praise.
- Pray against the spirit of depression, which is so prevalent in the church today.
2 Chronicles 20:23 “The men of Ammon and Moab rose up against the men of Mt. Seir to destroy and annihilate them. After they finished slaughtering the men from Seir, they helped to destroy one another.”
- Pray that God, through our prayers and praise, would put our enemies to confusion.
Because the Israelites still didn’t trust Adonai, in spite of all the miracles performed in delivering them from Egypt, they were unable to enter the promised land and spent 40 years wandering in the wilderness.
Psalm 95:11 “So I declared on oath in My anger, ‘they shall never enter My rest’.”
- Pray for much faith in the church; to trust in every circumstance.
Again, we want to lift these persecuted witnesses to the Lord:
- Leah Sharibu, a prisoner of Boko Haram since 2018, pray for her release.
- Alice Loksha Ngaddah, kidnapped February 2019. She is a mother of two, working as a nurse for UNICEF. Pray for her release.
- Pray For Pastor Wang Yi to be released from prison.
- Pray for Anita to make an easy transition into her new culture and that the Lord will be gracious in bringing her family members to Canada.
- For the release of Pastor Youcef Nadarkhani from Iran, and his family as their persecution continues. Pastor Nadarkhani is serving the second year of his six-year sentence, recently reduced from ten years.
“I am sending you, to open their eyes so that they may turn from darkness to light and from the dominion of Satan to God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins and an inheritance among those who have been sanctified by faith in Me” (Acts 26:18)
Valerie Creekmore, Persecution Watch Prayer Call Moderator
Prayer Conference Call Details
Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday
From any location on your phone
USA Time Zone:
9:00 PM Eastern
8:00 PM Central
7:00 PM Mountain
6:00 PM Pacific
Call in number: (667) 770-1476
Access Code: 281207#
Recommended: For those who may be subject to added charges for conference calls. Please download the app, it’s free!
MOBILE APP: Free Conference Call HD also provides a quick and easy way for you to dial into conference calls without having to remember the dial-in credentials. Save all of your conference call dial-in numbers and access codes using this free app. With the Free Conference Call HD you can instantly dial into a conference call via 3G/4G data network and or regular mobile carrier. Google Play link or App Store – iTunes
If you are experiencing any difficulties joining the call, please let us know.
What is Persecution Watch?
Persecution Watch is a U.S. national prayer conference call ministry that prays specifically for the global Persecuted Church. For over a decade, Blaine Scogin led this national network of believers who faithfully pray for the persecuted and the global harvest for the Kingdom of God. The group meets via a free call-in service every Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday night at 9pm Eastern time in the United States (please check your time zone). Blaine also served as Prayer Director for Voice of the Persecuted, and the missions became one. Brother Blaine passed into glory on December 26, 2019. It was truly a blessing for all of us to serve alongside this dear man of God and he will be greatly missed. The prayer mission of Persecution Watch remains an important part of our mission. Voice of the Persecuted is committed to continue the prayer conference call for the persecuted along with the dedicated Persecution Watch prayer warrior team.
Prior to the passing of Brother Blaine, he confirmed the passing of the torch as prayer conference call leader to Nadia Dybvik. Nadia has a burdened heart for the persecuted and is a prayer warrior standing in the gap for them. She joined the Persecution Watch prayer team in 2013 and has been part of the core ever since. Before becoming the prayer call leader, she served in the role of prayer moderator since 2015. Blaine chose Nadia for her faithfulness to pray for the persecuted and her strong commitment to the Persecution Watch mission. We are blessed not only with her gift of prayer, but her genuine love for every brother and sister in Christ that comes on the call to pray. May the Lord continue to bless Nadia and the prayer team in the mission and their personal lives.
“Pray for us” is the number one request that we hear from the persecuted. As the members of the first century Church were moved by the Holy Spirit to pray, we too must continue to serve those suffering persecution by lifting them up to the Lord through prayer.
On occasion, persecuted brothers and sisters have been invited on the conference call to share the trials they are facing. The team serves to encourage them by washing their feet in Spirit led prayer. Time is often reserved for those on the call to ask questions. We believe this helps to gain a better understanding of the situation that persecuted Christians endure in their specific nations. Q&A also helps us to focus our prayers based on their current needs.
Persecution Watch also hosts callers who want to pray united from other nations. If your heart is perplexed by the sufferings of our persecuted brothers and sisters, you no longer need to pray alone.
We welcome all who desire to pray for the persecuted church and consider it a joy to pray together with you. If you are new to the call and cannot find your voice, listen in and pray silently or on mute. We are grateful and thank the Lord for bringing us all together to pray in agreement for our persecuted family in Christ. We can all be prayer warriors on this call!
God bless and protect you in your faithfulness to serve.
Lois Kanalos, Founder, Voice of the Persecuted, Nadia Dybvik, Persecution Watch Prayer Call Leader and the Persecution Watch Prayer Team
NOTE: Please fill out the form in the sign up link below to be included in our distribution list to receive urgent prayer requests, prayer points, notification of special prayer events and special guest speakers.
Note to Voice of the Persecuted (VOP) readers: The Persecution Watch prayer team is also the prayer team of Voice of the Persecuted. SIGN UP today.