(Voice of the Persecuted) You are invited to join us on Saturday, October 22, 2022, in a prayer conference call for the persecuted church hosted by Persecution Watch.
There is much trauma among children whose parents are Christians in Muslim and many other countries as well. This persecution ranges from intimidation and rejection to assault, kidnapping and death.
- Pray children would feel the love and presence of God so that would not turn from Christ and deny their faith; pray that they would grow as Christians.
- Pray protection for these children and their families.
- Pray for children who have been kidnapped. Pray for their safe return and healing from trauma. Pray those returned would be accepted unconditionally.
- Pray for children who have been locked up, beaten, or thrown out of their homes.
- Pray that they would find a loving church family to help them and heal rejection.
In many countries, such as China and Turkmenistan, children under 18 are not allowed to attend church or Christian meetings, not allowed to be evangelized, or be able to get a Bible.
- Pray children would hear the Word anyway through bold parents, internet, or other means. Pray God’s Word would break through all barriers.
- Pray for parents of children who have been kidnapped or murdered
War, both in the natural and in the spirit, is raging all throughout Africa, especially in Nations that have significant Muslim and Christian populations. It is especially fierce in Nigeria and South Sudan, but has spread to many other Nations including Kenya, Democratic Republic of Congo, Cameroon, and others.
- Pray governments would want to and be able to protect all their citizens.
- Pray for many to come to the saving knowledge of Yeshua in spite of pressure and persecution. Pray for the salvation of Muslims.
- Pray the Lord would raise up strong Christian leaders.
- Pray new believers would be discipled, have a strong support group and grow in their faith.
There is a concerted effort to keep churches closed and / or not grant permits for new churches.
- Pray arbitrary rules that keep them closed be eased or abolished.
- Pray more permits to build churches would be granted.
- A church service was interrupted, and several worshippers killed in Nigeria. Pray for this violence to stop. Pray for angelic protection. Pray Christians would be able to forgive men for these atrocities and not become bitter.
- Pray for Christians in refugee camps
- Pray for front line workers who are under constant threats of attack.
- Pray for a spirit of joy and thanksgiving because our names are written in the Lamb’s Book of Life. We have an inheritance that cannot be taken away.
We are continuing to lift up these persecuted witnesses to the Lord:
Leah Sharibu prisoner of Boko Haram since 2018. Pray for her release.
Alice Loksha Ngaddah was kidnapped in February 2019. She is a mother of two, working as a nurse for UNICEF. Pray for her release.
Pastor Wang Yi to be released from Chinese prison.
Pastor Youcef Nadarkhani from Iran for his release and his family as their persecution continues. Pastor Nadarkhani is serving the second year of his six-year sentence.
Anita, a Christian convert, had faced a long prison term but was able to escape from Iran. She and her family have finally arrived in their permanent host country where they can express their faith openly. Pray for an easy transition into the new culture. Pray also for her family still waiting for asylum. May they be reunited soon.
“I am sending you, to open their eyes so that they may turn from darkness to light and from the dominion of Satan to God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins and an inheritance among those who have been sanctified by faith in Me” (Acts 26:18)
Valerie Creekmore, Persecution Watch Prayer Call Moderator
Prayer Conference Call Details
Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday
From any location on your phone
USA Time Zone:
9:00 PM Eastern
8:00 PM Central
7:00 PM Mountain
6:00 PM Pacific
Call in number: (667) 770-1476
Access Code: 281207#
Recommended: For those who may be subject to added charges for conference calls. Please download the app, it’s free!
MOBILE APP: Free Conference Call HD also provides a quick and easy way for you to dial into conference calls without having to remember the dial-in credentials. Save all of your conference call dial-in numbers and access codes using this free app. With the Free Conference Call HD you can instantly dial into a conference call via 3G/4G data network and or regular mobile carrier. Google Play link or App Store – iTunes
If you are experiencing any difficulties joining the call, please let us know.
What is Persecution Watch?
Persecution Watch is a U.S. national prayer conference call ministry that prays specifically for the global Persecuted Church. For over a decade, Blaine Scogin led this national network of believers who faithfully pray for the persecuted and the global harvest for the Kingdom of God. The group meets via a free call-in service every Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday night at 9pm Eastern time in the United States (please check your time zone). Blaine also served as Prayer Director for Voice of the Persecuted, and the missions became one. Brother Blaine passed into glory on December 26, 2019. It was truly a blessing for all of us to serve alongside this dear man of God and he will be greatly missed. The prayer mission of Persecution Watch remains an important part of our mission. Voice of the Persecuted is committed to continue the prayer conference call for the persecuted along with the dedicated Persecution Watch prayer warrior team.
Prior to the passing of Brother Blaine, he confirmed the passing of the torch as prayer conference call leader to Nadia Dybvik. Nadia has a burdened heart for the persecuted and is a prayer warrior standing in the gap for them. She joined the Persecution Watch prayer team in 2013 and has been part of the core ever since. Before becoming the prayer call leader, she served in the role of prayer moderator since 2015. Blaine chose Nadia for her faithfulness to pray for the persecuted and her strong commitment to the Persecution Watch mission. We are blessed not only with her gift of prayer, but her genuine love for every brother and sister in Christ that comes on the call to pray. May the Lord continue to bless Nadia and the prayer team in the mission and their personal lives.
“Pray for us” is the number one request that we hear from the persecuted. As the members of the first century Church were moved by the Holy Spirit to pray, we too must continue to serve those suffering persecution by lifting them up to the Lord through prayer.
On occasion, persecuted brothers and sisters have been invited on the conference call to share the trials they are facing. The team serves to encourage them by washing their feet in Spirit led prayer. Time is often reserved for those on the call to ask questions. We believe this helps to gain a better understanding of the situation that persecuted Christians endure in their specific nations. Q&A also helps us to focus our prayers based on their current needs.
Persecution Watch also hosts callers who want to pray united from other nations. If your heart is perplexed by the sufferings of our persecuted brothers and sisters, you no longer need to pray alone.
We welcome all who desire to pray for the persecuted church and consider it a joy to pray together with you. If you are new to the call and cannot find your voice, listen in and pray silently or on mute. We are grateful and thank the Lord for bringing us all together to pray in agreement for our persecuted family in Christ. We can all be prayer warriors on this call!
God bless and protect you in your faithfulness to serve.
Lois Kanalos, Founder, Voice of the Persecuted, Nadia Dybvik, Persecution Watch Prayer Call Leader and the Persecution Watch Prayer Team
NOTE: Please fill out the form in the sign up link below to be included in our distribution list to receive urgent prayer requests, prayer points, notification of special prayer events and special guest speakers.
Note to Voice of the Persecuted (VOP) readers: The Persecution Watch prayer team is also the prayer team of Voice of the Persecuted. SIGN UP today.