(Voice of the Persecuted) You are invited to join us on Saturday, July 9, 2022 in a prayer conference call for the persecuted church hosted by Persecution Watch.
I feel led to pray about those who are suffering because of the Word. Our response to suffering reveals our love and trust in God.
- Pray for those who are suffering because they are Christians that they would experience God’s amazing love, favor, and strength in His divine presence.
- Pray that suffering would result in spiritual growth, including Godly character and increased consecration.
“I want to know Christ and the power of His resurrection and to he fellowship of sharing in His sufferings, becoming like Him in His death.”
- Pray the church would not be afraid or reject the fellowship of His sufferings, but be able to identify with Yeshua and those suffering.
- Pray the church would operate in the power of His resurrection.
As the return of Messiah draws near, it appears that suffering is increasing in both frequency and intensity.
Proverbs 24:10 “If you falter in times of trouble, how small is your strength.”
- Pray the church would have strength to endure; that His goodness and unfailing love would hold us together when life is falling apart.
- Pray the church would trust in the goodness of God, increased faith.
Romans 8:18 “I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us.”
- Pray that God’s glory be revealed through our sufferings.
- Pray for a Godly perspective to know that our lives are not all about us, but also for the good of others and God’s glory.
Philippians 3:16 “Only let us live up to what we have already attained.”
- Pray the church would not backslide or fall away during troubles and persecution. The Word says because of the increase of evil and the love of many will grow cold.
Philippians 4:6 “Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.”
- Pray for peace that passes understanding.
- Pray for thankful hearts.
- Pray that the church would pray more and be more persistent in prayer.
Philippians 2:13 “For it is God who works in you to will and to act according to His good purpose.”
- Pray the church would hear clearly what the will of God is and to obey by acting on it.
Philippians 4:4 “Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: rejoice!
- Pray we will be able to rejoice in every circumstance, good or bad, knowing God’s love and goodness; knowing we will spend eternity with our beautiful loving Savior! Amen
We are continuing to lift-up these persecuted witnesses to the Lord:
- Leah Sharibu prisoner of Boko Haram since 2018. Pray for her release.
- Alice Loksha Ngaddah was kidnapped in February 2019. She is a mother of two, working as a nurse for UNICEF. Pray for her release.
- Pastor Wang Yi to be released from Chinese prison.
- Anita a Christian convert, facing a long prison term who escaped from Iran and praying to go to a country where she can express her faith openly.
- Pastor Youcef Nadarkhani from Iran for his release and his family as their persecution continues. Pastor Nadarkhani is serving the second year of his six-year sentence.
- The Harvest
“I am sending you, to open their eyes so that they may turn from darkness to light and from the dominion of Satan to God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins and an inheritance among those who have been sanctified by faith in Me” (Acts 26:18)
Valerie Creekmore, Persecution Watch Prayer Call Moderator
Prayer Conference Call Details
Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday
From any location on your phone
USA Time Zone:
9:00 PM Eastern
8:00 PM Central
7:00 PM Mountain
6:00 PM Pacific
Call in number: (667) 770-1476 (Note: We have a new call-in phone number)
Access Code: 281207#
Recommended: For those who may be subject to added charges for conference calls. Please download the app, it’s free!
MOBILE APP: Free Conference Call HD also provides a quick and easy way for you to dial into conference calls without having to remember the dial-in credentials. Save all of your conference call dial-in numbers and access codes using this free app. With the Free Conference Call HD you can instantly dial into a conference call via 3G/4G data network and or regular mobile carrier. Google Play link or App Store – iTunes
If you are experiencing any difficulties joining the call, please let us know.
What is Persecution Watch?
Persecution Watch is a U.S. national prayer conference call ministry that prays specifically for the global Persecuted Church. For over a decade, Blaine Scogin led this national network of believers who faithfully pray for the persecuted and the global harvest for the Kingdom of God. The group meets via a free call-in service every Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday night at 9pm Eastern time in the United States (please check your time zone). Blaine also served as Prayer Director for Voice of the Persecuted, and the missions became one. Brother Blaine passed into glory on December 26, 2019. It was truly a blessing for all of us to serve alongside this dear man of God and he will be greatly missed. The prayer mission of Persecution Watch remains an important part of our mission. Voice of the Persecuted is committed to continue the prayer conference call for the persecuted along with the dedicated Persecution Watch prayer warrior team.
Prior to the passing of Brother Blaine, he confirmed the passing of the torch as prayer conference call leader to Nadia Dybvik. Nadia has a burdened heart for the persecuted and is a prayer warrior standing in the gap for them. She joined the Persecution Watch prayer team in 2013 and has been part of the core ever since. Before becoming the prayer call leader, she served in the role of prayer moderator since 2015. Blaine chose Nadia for her faithfulness to pray for the persecuted and her strong commitment to the Persecution Watch mission. We are blessed not only with her gift of prayer, but her genuine love for every brother and sister in Christ that comes on the call to pray. May the Lord continue to bless Nadia and the prayer team in the mission and their personal lives.
“Pray for us” is the number one request that we hear from the persecuted. As the members of the first century Church were moved by the Holy Spirit to pray, we too must continue to serve those suffering persecution by lifting them up to the Lord through prayer.
On occasion, persecuted brothers and sisters have been invited on the conference call to share the trials they are facing. The team serves to encourage them by washing their feet in Spirit led prayer. Time is often reserved for those on the call to ask questions. We believe this helps to gain a better understanding of the situation that persecuted Christians endure in their specific nations. Q&A also helps us to focus our prayers based on their current needs.
Persecution Watch also hosts callers who want to pray united from other nations. If your heart is perplexed by the sufferings of our persecuted brothers and sisters, you no longer need to pray alone.
We welcome all who desire to pray for the persecuted church and consider it a joy to pray together with you. If you are new to the call and cannot find your voice, listen in and pray silently or on mute. We are grateful and thank the Lord for bringing us all together to pray in agreement for our persecuted family in Christ. We can all be prayer warriors on this call!
God bless and protect you in your faithfulness to serve.
Lois Kanalos, Founder, Voice of the Persecuted, Nadia Dybvik, Persecution Watch Prayer Call Leader and the Persecution Watch Prayer Team
NOTE: Please fill out the form in the sign up link below to be included in our distribution list to receive urgent prayer requests, prayer points, notification of special prayer events and special guest speakers.
Note to Voice of the Persecuted (VOP) readers: The Persecution Watch prayer team is also the prayer team of Voice of the Persecuted. SIGN UP today.