(Voice of the Persecuted) We invite you to join us on Saturday, March 19, 2022, in a prayer conference call for Israel and the persecuted church hosted by Persecution Watch.
While most attention has been on the Russian war in Ukraine, which is reasonable. We also know that the killing, kidnapping, burning of villages and subsequent refugees in Africa has not stopped. We have finished celebrating Purim, when the Almighty stepped in already knowing what He would do to preserve Israel and destroy those who tried to destroy the Jewish people. Dear Prayer Warriors, I feel an urgency to pray for Israel.
We thank you, Adonai, that You are always at work, often behind the scenes, to preserve Your people, both the Israelites and those who have been grafted in.
Psalm 83:4-5 “Come, they say, let us destroy them from being a Nation that the name of Israel be remembered no more. With one mind they plot together; they form an alliance against You …“
- Pray for Israel’s protection, as Iran and its proxies have Israel physically surrounded.
- Pray for the security forces; grant them discernment; show them how to stop every terrorist plot.
The P5+1 is still negotiating on a nuclear deal.
Exodus 23:32 “Do not make a covenant with them or with their gods.“
- Pray this nuclear deal will not stand.
Proverbs 29:25 “Fear of man will prove to be a snare, but whoever trusts in the Lord will be kept safe.”
Proverbs 9:10 “The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom, and knowledge of the Holy One is understanding.”
- Pray that those in leadership would not fear man or be manipulated by fear; would not stop Israel from possessing its land.
- Pray that government leaders, and all Israelites would trust in the Lord and ask for wisdom and understanding that they may have what they need.
- Pray for wisdom regarding the Russia/Ukraine conflict so they will not feel bullied into making bad decisions.
- Pray would raise up godly advisors for all the government leaders (Proverbs 11:14)
Passover and Ramadan overlap next month, which historically has brought increased terrorism and unrest.
Isaiah 57:19-21 “… Peace, peace to those far and near, says the Lord, and I will heal them. But the wicked are like the tossing sea which cannot rest, whose waves cast up mire and mud. There is no peace, says my God, for the wicked.“
- Pray for a spirit of calm in all the believers to help change the atmosphere; pray against the spirit of violence.
- Pray for believers to pray for their enemies and be able to love them in the power of the Holy Spirit.
Jeremiah 33:12 “This is what the Lord Almighty says: ‘In this place, desolate without men or animals — in all its towns there will again be pastures for shepherds to rest their flocks.“
An article from the Jerusalem Post this month showed photos of IDF soldiers clashing with the Bedouins while protesting forestation of the desert. They are against planting trees!
There is a problem with lack of governance in the Negev.
PM Bennett said that we are dealing with chronic problems that are constantly being put off. Regavim, a public movement dedicated to the protection of Israel’s national lands and resources, warned “if we continue on the trajectory we are in right now, we will lose the Negev.” The Negev is more than 60% of Israel’s landmass.
- Pray Israel’s government would plant the trees it has planned according to God’s Word.
- Pray Israel would step up and be able to govern this area.
Thomas Nides, the US Ambassador to Israel, said that settlement growth infuriates him. He strongly pressured Israel to not build in the E1 corridor NE of Jerusalem. This is because the USA does not want to hinder the “two state solution” creating “Palestine”, and anti-Semitic, anti-Zionist Islamic State on Israel’s God promised land.
- Pray forIsrael will not face pressure into a move that would curse both Israel and the United States.
- Pray the United States would repent of its ungodly desires.
Jeremiah 31:8 “See, I will bring them from the land of the North and gather them from the ends of the earth. Among them will be the blind and the lame, expectant mothers and women in labor; a great throng will return.”
Thankfully Pnina Tamano-Shata, Israel’s Aliyah and Integration Minister, formerly known as the Ministry of Immigration, is working to remove many bureaucratic barriers.
- Pray to bring the Jewish people safely out of Ukraine and Russia and other countries into Israel.
- Let this influx of refugees allow more Messianic Jews to enter Israel; to remove bureaucratic barriers that make it harder to immigrate.
- May there be resources for this great influx of people: new housing, including in new areas, jobs, language classes, and other needs, to go forth to possess the Land.
Jeremiah 29:13 “You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.“
- Pray that all this shaking would cause more Jews (and others) to seek You.
- May they find salvation during this Passover season; open their eyes that they may connect the Passover lamb with the Lamb of God and the blood.
- Pray for an increase of divine encounters; pray for discipling of new believers; pray new believers would not face pressure by family or rabbis to turn away.
We are continuing to lift-up persecuted witnesses to the Lord:
- Leah Sharibu, prisoner of Boko Haram since 2018. Pray for her release.
- Alice Loksha Ngaddah, kidnapped February 2019. She is a mother of two, working as a nurse for UNICEF. Pray for her release.
- Pray for Pastor Wang Yi release from prison.
- Pray for Anita, a Christian convert facing a long prison term who escaped from Iran and praying to go to a country where she can express her faith openly.
- For the release of Pastor Youcef Nadarkhani from Iran, and his family as their Persecution continues. Pastor Nadarkhani is serving the second year of his six-year sentence.
Valerie Creekmore, Persecution Watch Prayer Call Moderator
Prayer Conference Call Details
Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday (Nightly as the Lord leads us to pray for Ukraine)
From any location on your phone
USA Time Zone:
9:00 PM Eastern
8:00 PM Central
7:00 PM Mountain
6:00 PM Pacific
Call in number: (667) 770-1476 (Note: We have a new call-in phone number)
Access Code: 281207#
Recommended: For those who may be subject to added charges for conference calls. Please download the app, it’s free!
MOBILE APP: Free Conference Call HD also provides a quick and easy way for you to dial into conference calls without having to remember the dial-in credentials. Save all of your conference call dial-in numbers and access codes using this free app. With the Free Conference Call HD you can instantly dial into a conference call via 3G/4G data network and or regular mobile carrier. Google Play link or App Store – iTunes
If you are experiencing any difficulties joining the call, please let us know.
What is Persecution Watch?
Persecution Watch is a U.S. national prayer conference call ministry that prays specifically for the global Persecuted Church. For over a decade, Blaine Scogin led this national network of believers who faithfully pray for the persecuted and the global harvest for the Kingdom of God. The group meets via a free call-in service every Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday night at 9pm Eastern time in the United States (please check your time zone). Blaine also served as Prayer Director for Voice of the Persecuted, and the missions became one. Brother Blaine passed into glory on December 26, 2019. It was truly a blessing for all of us to serve alongside this dear man of God and he will be greatly missed. The prayer mission of Persecution Watch remains an important part of our mission. Voice of the Persecuted is committed to continue the prayer conference call for the persecuted along with the dedicated Persecution Watch prayer warrior team.
Prior to the passing of Brother Blaine, he confirmed the passing of the torch as prayer conference call leader to Nadia Dybvik. Nadia has a burdened heart for the persecuted and is a prayer warrior standing in the gap for them. She joined the Persecution Watch prayer team in 2013 and has been part of the core ever since. Before becoming the prayer call leader, she served in the role of prayer moderator since 2015. Blaine chose Nadia for her faithfulness to pray for the persecuted and her strong commitment to the Persecution Watch mission. We are blessed not only with her gift of prayer, but her genuine love for every brother and sister in Christ that comes on the call to pray. May the Lord continue to bless Nadia and the prayer team in the mission and their personal lives.
“Pray for us” is the number one request that we hear from the persecuted. As the members of the first century Church were moved by the Holy Spirit to pray, we too must continue to serve those suffering persecution by lifting them up to the Lord through prayer.
On occasion, persecuted brothers and sisters have been invited on the conference call to share the trials they are facing. The team serves to encourage them by washing their feet in Spirit led prayer. Time is often reserved for those on the call to ask questions. We believe this helps to gain a better understanding of the situation that persecuted Christians endure in their specific nations. Q&A also helps us to focus our prayers based on their current needs.
Persecution Watch also hosts callers who want to pray united from other nations. If your heart is perplexed by the sufferings of our persecuted brothers and sisters, you no longer need to pray alone.
We welcome all who desire to pray for the persecuted church and consider it a joy to pray together with you. If you are new to the call and cannot find your voice, listen in and pray silently or on mute. We are grateful and thank the Lord for bringing us all together to pray in agreement for our persecuted family in Christ. We can all be prayer warriors on this call!
God bless and protect you in your faithfulness to serve.
Lois Kanalos, Founder, Voice of the Persecuted, Nadia Dybvik, Persecution Watch Prayer Call Leader and the Persecution Watch Prayer Team
NOTE: Please fill out the form in the sign up link below to be included in our distribution list to receive urgent prayer requests, prayer points, notification of special prayer events and special guest speakers.
Note to Voice of the Persecuted (VOP) readers: The Persecution Watch prayer team is also the prayer team of Voice of the Persecuted. SIGN UP today.