(Voice of the Persecuted) You are invited to join us on Saturday February 26, 2022 in a prayer conference call for the persecuted church hosted by Persecution Watch
Dear Prayer Warriors, Psalm 18 is so important that it is in the Bible twice; also 2 Samuel 22. The whole chapter plus one introductory verse. As I was reading it today, I kept seeing things to pray for.
Psalms 18:1 “I love you O Lord, my strength.”
- Pray the church would love God more and more.
- We know that the Lord alone is our strength; help the church to be strong in the Lord and the power of His might.
Psalm 18:2 “The Lord is my rock, my fortress, my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge; he is my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.”
- Pray the church be grounded in the Word of God, so when storms come, we will not waver.
- Though we may be surrounded by our enemies, pray that a door not be opened to enter our fortress.
- When we have opened a door to the enemy, pray for repentance and deliverance; our God will deliver us.
- Help the church declare that Messiah is the horn of our salvation, and there is no other name under heaven by which men must be saved (Acts 4:12)
Psalm 18:3 “I call to the Lord who is worthy of praise, and I am saved from my enemies.”
- Pray for a spirit of praise and thanksgiving even when circumstances are terrible, as in Acts 16:23 “After they had been severely flogged, they threw them into prison…..” Verse 25 “About midnight Paul and Silas were singing hymns to God and the other prisoners were listening to them.”
- Pray this praise in unlikely circumstances would bring about the salvation of many souls.
Psalm 18:4 “The cords of death entangled me; the torrents of destruction overwhelmed me.”
- Pray against a spirit of fear. The righteous are as bold as a lion (Proverbs 28:1)
Psalm 18:6 “In my distress I called to the LORD; I called to God for help. From His temple he heard my voice; my cry came before him, into his ears.”
- Pray the church would cry aloud to God for help and that the Lord would answer the petitions of the oppressed.
Psalm 18:14 “He shot His arrows and scattered the enemies great bolts of lightning and routed them.”
- Pray Adonai would push back the enemies of the Lord who are persecuting them; put them to confusion.
Psalm 18:17 “He rescued me from my powerful enemy; from my foes, for they were too strong for me.”
- Pray for those kidnapped and taken captive, for those put in prison for following Christ, to be rescued.
Psalm 18:23 “I have been blameless before Him and kept myself from sin.”
- Pray would hear from Holy Spirit for any correction and have a spirit of repentance.
Psalm 18:28 “You, O Lord, keep my lamp burning; my God turns my darkness into light.”
- Pray church would hear and see rhema words; that they would see the glory of God.
Psalm 18:34-35 “He trains my hands for battle; my arms can bend a bow of bronze.” “You give me your shield of victory, and your right hand sustains me;
you stoop down to make me great.”
- Pray for a David anointing; anoint our hands for battling against the enemy.
Psalm 18:46 sums it up: “The LORD lives! Praise be to my rock! Exalted be God my Savior.”
We will continue to lift up these persecuted witnesses to the Lord:
- Leah Sharibu, prisoner of Boko Haram since 2018. Pray for her release.
- Alice Loksha Ngaddah, kidnapped February 2019. She is a mother of two, working as a nurse for UNICEF. Pray for her release.
- Pray for Pastor Wang Yi to be released from prison.
- Pray for Anita, a Christian convert facing a long prison term who escaped from Iran and praying to go to a country where she can express her faith openly.
- For the release of Pastor Youcef Nadarkhani from Iran, and his family as their Persecution continues. Pastor Nadarkhani is serving the second year of his six-year sentence.
Valerie Creekmore, Persecution Watch Prayer Call Moderator
Prayer Conference Call Details
Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday
From any location on your phone
USA Time Zone:
9:00 PM Eastern
8:00 PM Central
7:00 PM Mountain
6:00 PM Pacific
Call in number: (667) 770-1476 (Note: We have a new call-in phone number)
Access Code: 281207#
Recommended: For those who may be subject to added charges for conference calls. Please download the app, it’s free!
MOBILE APP: Free Conference Call HD also provides a quick and easy way for you to dial into conference calls without having to remember the dial-in credentials. Save all of your conference call dial-in numbers and access codes using this free app. With the Free Conference Call HD you can instantly dial into a conference call via 3G/4G data network and or regular mobile carrier. Google Play link or App Store – iTunes
If you are experiencing any difficulties joining the call, please let us know.
What is Persecution Watch?
Persecution Watch is a U.S. national prayer conference call ministry that prays specifically for the global Persecuted Church. For over a decade, Blaine Scogin led this national network of believers who faithfully pray for the persecuted and the global harvest for the Kingdom of God. The group meets via a free call-in service every Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday night at 9pm Eastern time in the United States (please check your time zone). Blaine also served as Prayer Director for Voice of the Persecuted, and the missions became one. Brother Blaine passed into glory on December 26, 2019. It was truly a blessing for all of us to serve alongside this dear man of God and he will be greatly missed. The prayer mission of Persecution Watch remains an important part of our mission. Voice of the Persecuted is committed to continue the prayer conference call for the persecuted along with the dedicated Persecution Watch prayer warrior team.
Prior to the passing of Brother Blaine, he confirmed the passing of the torch as prayer conference call leader to Nadia Dybvik. Nadia has a burdened heart for the persecuted and is a prayer warrior standing in the gap for them. She joined the Persecution Watch prayer team in 2013 and has been part of the core ever since. Before becoming the prayer call leader, she served in the role of prayer moderator since 2015. Blaine chose Nadia for her faithfulness to pray for the persecuted and her strong commitment to the Persecution Watch mission. We are blessed not only with her gift of prayer, but her genuine love for every brother and sister in Christ that comes on the call to pray. May the Lord continue to bless Nadia and the prayer team in the mission and their personal lives.
“Pray for us” is the number one request that we hear from the persecuted. As the members of the first century Church were moved by the Holy Spirit to pray, we too must continue to serve those suffering persecution by lifting them up to the Lord through prayer.
On occasion, persecuted brothers and sisters have been invited on the conference call to share the trials they are facing. The team serves to encourage them by washing their feet in Spirit led prayer. Time is often reserved for those on the call to ask questions. We believe this helps to gain a better understanding of the situation that persecuted Christians endure in their specific nations. Q&A also helps us to focus our prayers based on their current needs.
Persecution Watch also hosts callers who want to pray united from other nations. If your heart is perplexed by the sufferings of our persecuted brothers and sisters, you no longer need to pray alone.
We welcome all who desire to pray for the persecuted church and consider it a joy to pray together with you. If you are new to the call and cannot find your voice, listen in and pray silently or on mute. We are grateful and thank the Lord for bringing us all together to pray in agreement for our persecuted family in Christ. We can all be prayer warriors on this call!
God bless and protect you in your faithfulness to serve.
Lois Kanalos, Founder, Voice of the Persecuted, Nadia Dybvik, Persecution Watch Prayer Call Leader and the Persecution Watch Prayer Team
NOTE: Please fill out the form in the sign up link below to be included in our distribution list to receive urgent prayer requests, prayer points, notification of special prayer events and special guest speakers.
Note to Voice of the Persecuted (VOP) readers: The Persecution Watch prayer team is also the prayer team of Voice of the Persecuted. SIGN UP today.