(Voice of the Persecuted) You are invited to join us on Tuesday January 11, 2021 in a prayer conference call for the persecuted church hosted by Persecution Watch.
The Lord is urging us to lift India and Indian Christians again.
India has a population of about 1.3 billion, of which there are an estimated 67 million Christians (about 1/2%).
Persecution has increased dramatically since PM Modi and the RSS Nationalist party has ruled the country. Hindu extremism have expanded, become more powerful, and exceedingly violent under Modi.
Their object is to make India a completely Hindu nation. Anti-Conversion laws have passed in several states which are used to harass, fine and jail Christians. There is also a push for a National Anti-Conversion law.
Hindus from the RSS party often attack Christians with little or no consequences. RSS informants live in most villages and report on Christian activities, resulting in attacks and arrests. Churches have been demolished or burned, meetings disrupted, Bibles and Christian literature destroyed.
Christians from Hindu backgrounds, of course, face extreme persecution from family members and communities. In this recent video report, Hindu extremists call for Muslims (over 209 million live in India) to be killed as they make threats to Christians as well.
- Pray for salvation for government leaders; that Modi would enforce the religious freedom he espouses.
- Pray anti-conversion laws would be abolished.
- Pray for salvation of all those who persecute the Christians.
- Pray for salvation of the masses who just want to live their lives as Hindus, etc., but don’t know Messiah. They need prayer too.
- Pray for protection for pastors, evangelists, and other ministers.
- Pray for families of pastors, etc. who are being persecuted; they would be supported, and their children will not turn away from the Truth.
- Pray for God to confirm their ministry with signs following.
- Pray Christians would have a bold witness of their faith; the good news would reach all of India.
- Pray Christians would be able to forgive their persecutors.
- Pray that Christian converts would remain strong in their faith and not succumb to pressure to return to Hinduism or their tribal religion.
- Pray for people to disciple new believers; that they would grow in their faith.
- Pray for the protection of women and girls, especially the Dalit.
- Pray for good jobs for the Christians who are discriminated against; God would give them special favor and abilities.
- Pray for a spirit of joy and praise among the Christians; help them provoke others to jealousy.
- Pray access to the Word by every available means: written word, internet, broadcasts, story tellers, testimonies.
We will also remember and pray for these dear ones:
- Leah Sharibu, prisoner of Boko Haram since 2018. Pray for her release.
- Alice Loksha Ngaddah, kidnapped February 2019. She is a mother of two, working as a nurse for UNICEF. Pray for her release.
- Pray for Pastor Wang Yi to be released from prison.
- Pray for Anita, a Christian convert facing a long prison term who escaped from Iran and praying to go to a country where she can express her faith openly.
- For the release of Pastor Youcef Nadarkhani from Iran, and his family as their Persecution continues. Pastor Nadarkhani is serving the second year of his six-year sentence.
Valerie, Persecution Watch Prayer Call Moderator
Prayer Conference Call Details
Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday
From any location on your phone
USA Time Zone:
9:00 PM Eastern
8:00 PM Central
7:00 PM Mountain
6:00 PM Pacific
Call in number: (667) 770-1476 (Note: We have a new call-in phone number)
Access Code: 281207#
Recommended: For those who may be subject to added charges for conference calls. Please download the app, it’s free!
MOBILE APP: Free Conference Call HD also provides a quick and easy way for you to dial into conference calls without having to remember the dial-in credentials. Save all of your conference call dial-in numbers and access codes using this free app. With the Free Conference Call HD you can instantly dial into a conference call via 3G/4G data network and or regular mobile carrier. Google Play link or App Store – iTunes
If you are experiencing any difficulties joining the call, please let us know.
What is Persecution Watch?
Persecution Watch is a U.S. national prayer conference call ministry that prays specifically for the global Persecuted Church. For over a decade, Blaine Scogin led this national network of believers who faithfully pray for the persecuted and the global harvest for the Kingdom of God. The group meets via a free call-in service every Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday night at 9pm Eastern time in the United States (please check your time zone). Blaine also served as Prayer Director for Voice of the Persecuted, and the missions became one. Brother Blaine passed into glory on December 26, 2019. It was truly a blessing for all of us to serve alongside this dear man of God and he will be greatly missed. The prayer mission of Persecution Watch remains an important part of our mission. Voice of the Persecuted is committed to continue the prayer conference call for the persecuted along with the dedicated Persecution Watch prayer warrior team.
Prior to the passing of Brother Blaine, he confirmed the passing of the torch as prayer conference call leader to Nadia Dybvik. Nadia has a burdened heart for the persecuted and is a prayer warrior standing in the gap for them. She joined the Persecution Watch prayer team in 2013 and has been part of the core ever since. Before becoming the prayer call leader, she served in the role of prayer moderator since 2015. Blaine chose Nadia for her faithfulness to pray for the persecuted and her strong commitment to the Persecution Watch mission. We are blessed not only with her gift of prayer, but her genuine love for every brother and sister in Christ that comes on the call to pray. May the Lord continue to bless Nadia and the prayer team in the mission and their personal lives.
“Pray for us” is the number one request that we hear from the persecuted. As the members of the first century Church were moved by the Holy Spirit to pray, we too must continue to serve those suffering persecution by lifting them up to the Lord through prayer.
On occasion, persecuted brothers and sisters have been invited on the conference call to share the trials they are facing. The team serves to encourage them by washing their feet in Spirit led prayer. Time is often reserved for those on the call to ask questions. We believe this helps to gain a better understanding of the situation that persecuted Christians endure in their specific nations. Q&A also helps us to focus our prayers based on their current needs.
Persecution Watch also hosts callers who want to pray united from other nations. If your heart is perplexed by the sufferings of our persecuted brothers and sisters, you no longer need to pray alone.
We welcome all who desire to pray for the persecuted church and consider it a joy to pray together with you. If you are new to the call and cannot find your voice, listen in and pray silently or on mute. We are grateful and thank the Lord for bringing us all together to pray in agreement for our persecuted family in Christ. We can all be prayer warriors on this call!
God bless and protect you in your faithfulness to serve.
Lois Kanalos, Founder, Voice of the Persecuted, Nadia Dybvik, Persecution Watch Prayer Call Leader and the Persecution Watch Prayer Team
NOTE: Please fill out the form in the sign up link below to be included in our distribution list to receive urgent prayer requests, prayer points, notification of special prayer events and special guest speakers.
Note to Voice of the Persecuted (VOP) readers: The Persecution Watch prayer team is also the prayer team of Voice of the Persecuted. SIGN UP today.