(Voice of the Persecuted) You are invited to join us on Saturday 13, November 2021 in a prayer conference call for the persecuted church hosted by Persecution Watch.
Let us pray once again for Pakistan. The Word tells us to keep praying, keep asking and keep seeking. We will not be weary of coming to the just Judge with our petitions.
The population of Pakistan is about 200 million, with about 4 million identifying themselves as Christians.
This country is over 95% Muslim. The source of persecution is mainly from Islam. Converts from Islam face a very high level of persecution. Many Christian girls and young women have been abducted and forced into an oppressive marriage. Blasphemy laws have been a tool of oppression, using it to unfairly target Christians. Churches are sometimes attacked with little or no repercussions. Christians are considered second class citizens and are discriminated against in society, especially regarding employment, and also education.
- Pray that Pakistani Christians will not be discouraged; that they would feel the presence of God and know that this is not their home.
- Pray for fellowship with other believers, as iron sharpens iron. Let them be in unity.
- Pray for access to the Word through whatever means: written Bibles, story tellers, internet, broadcasts.
- Pray for the protection of girls and young women to not be abducted.
- Pray for those in forced marriages to be protected from violence; pray would keep the Lord in their hearts; give them much wisdom on how they could be able to communicate secretly with other believers and/or read the Word.
- Pray for angelic protection over the churches.
- Pray for pastors: for protection, wisdom, be able to disciple, encourage and teach other believers; pray as well for their families.
- Pray for new believers: against intense pressure to recant their faith, protection against murder and other violence, against spirit of rejection; for shelter if and when they are thrown out of their homes.
- Pray Evangelists would be raised up; Christians would continue to boldly proclaim the Good News with wisdom and clarity.
- Pray the Lord would give Christians special gifts that would make room for them and improve their economic status.
- Pray for their health and divine healing when not having access to medical care and living in unsanitary conditions.
- Pray for blasphemy laws be eliminated.
- Pray for justice in the courts and for victims not to be prosecuted as perpetrators; pray for the release of those in prison for the Word.
- Pray the Lord would build His kingdom in Pakistan.
We will also remember these dear ones:
Leah Sharibu and Alice that they will be set free from Boko Haram captivity.
- Leah Sharibu was kidnapped along with 109 other students on February 19, 2018 when Boko Haram attacked a boarding school in the city of Dapchi, Maiduguri Diocese, in north-eastern Nigeria. A month later, some of the girls died in captivity and all the others were released, except Leah. She was the only Christian in the group
- Alice Loksha Ngaddah was kidnapped during the Rann attack on March 1, 2018. She was a nurse working with Unicef and is a mother of two.
- Pastor Wang Yi to be released from prison, for his family, the children, and the church in China. Pastor Wang Yi who is currently serving his prison sentence.
- Anita an Iranian Christian, persecuted by the Islamic regime seeking asylum.
- Pastor Youcef Nadarkhani from Iran, for his release and his family as their persecution continues. At present he is serving his six-year sentence.
Valerie, Persecution Watch Prayer Call Moderator
Prayer Conference Call Details
Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday
From any location on your phone
USA Time Zone:
9:00 PM Eastern
8:00 PM Central
7:00 PM Mountain
6:00 PM Pacific
Call in number: 712 775-7035
Access Code: 281207#
Recommended: For those who may be subject to added charges for conference calls. Please download the app, it’s free!
MOBILE APP: Free Conference Call HD also provides a quick and easy way for you to dial into conference calls without having to remember the dial-in credentials. Save all of your conference call dial-in numbers and access codes using this free app. With the Free Conference Call HD you can instantly dial into a conference call via 3G/4G data network and or regular mobile carrier. Google Play link or App Store – iTunes
If you are experiencing any difficulties joining the call, please let us know.
What is Persecution Watch?
Persecution Watch is a U.S. national prayer conference call ministry that prays specifically for the global Persecuted Church. For over a decade, Blaine Scogin led this national network of believers who faithfully pray for the persecuted and the global harvest for the Kingdom of God. The group meets via a free call-in service every Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday night at 9pm Eastern time in the United States (please check your time zone). Blaine also served as Prayer Director for Voice of the Persecuted, and the missions became one. Brother Blaine passed into glory on December 26, 2019. It was truly a blessing for all of us to serve alongside this dear man of God and he will be greatly missed. The prayer mission of Persecution Watch remains an important part of our mission. Voice of the Persecuted is committed to continue the prayer conference call for the persecuted along with the dedicated Persecution Watch prayer warrior team.
Prior to the passing of Brother Blaine, he confirmed the passing of the torch as prayer conference call leader to Nadia Dybvik. Nadia has a burdened heart for the persecuted and is a prayer warrior standing in the gap for them. She joined the Persecution Watch prayer team in 2013 and has been part of the core ever since. Before becoming the prayer call leader, she served in the role of prayer moderator since 2015. Blaine chose Nadia for her faithfulness to pray for the persecuted and her strong commitment to the Persecution Watch mission. We are blessed not only with her gift of prayer, but her genuine love for every brother and sister in Christ that comes on the call to pray. May the Lord continue to bless Nadia and the prayer team in the mission and their personal lives.
“Pray for us” is the number one request that we hear from the persecuted. As the members of the first century Church were moved by the Holy Spirit to pray, we too must continue to serve those suffering persecution by lifting them up to the Lord through prayer.
On occasion, persecuted brothers and sisters have been invited on the conference call to share the trials they are facing. The team serves to encourage them by washing their feet in Spirit led prayer. Time is often reserved for those on the call to ask questions. We believe this helps to gain a better understanding of the situation that persecuted Christians endure in their specific nations. Q&A also helps us to focus our prayers based on their current needs.
Persecution Watch also hosts callers who want to pray united from other nations. If your heart is perplexed by the sufferings of our persecuted brothers and sisters, you no longer need to pray alone.
We welcome all who desire to pray for the persecuted church and consider it a joy to pray together with you. If you are new to the call and cannot find your voice, listen in and pray silently or on mute. We are grateful and thank the Lord for bringing us all together to pray in agreement for our persecuted family in Christ. We can all be prayer warriors on this call!
God bless and protect you in your faithfulness to serve.
Lois Kanalos, Founder, Voice of the Persecuted, Nadia Dybvik, Persecution Watch Prayer Call Leader and the Persecution Watch Prayer Team
NOTE: Please fill out the form in the sign up link below to be included in our distribution list to receive urgent prayer requests, prayer points, notification of special prayer events and special guest speakers.
Note to Voice of the Persecuted (VOP) readers: The Persecution Watch prayer team is also the prayer team of Voice of the Persecuted. SIGN UP today.
If you are experiencing any difficulties joining the call, please let us know.