(Voice of the Persecuted) You are invited to join us on Saturday, Oct. 2, 2021 in a conference prayer call for the persecuted church hosted by Persecution Watch.
Psalm 18 is a repeat of David’s prayer of praise in 2 Samuel 22. Since this is in the Bible twice, it must be something God really wants us to hear. There are many things to pray in this prayer of praise.
Verse 1) “I love you, O Lord my strength”
- Pray our love for the Lord would increase; we would feel His love for us.
Verse 2) “The Lord is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge. He is my shield and the horn of my salvation, my high tower”
- Because Elohim is my rock, we pray we will not be moved by circumstances, but be anchored to the rock.
- Pray we are shielded from the fiery darts of the enemy; from wicked words and deeds; from rejection.
Since He is our high tower, we can see the enemy afar off, perhaps see what the enemy is doing.
- Pray for that ability so we can be at least one step ahead of the enemy.
Verse 3) “I call to the LORD who is worthy of praise, and I am saved from my enemies.”
Verse 14) “He shot his arrows and scattered the enemies; great bolts of lightning and routed them.”
- Pray that when the persecuted church cries out, they will be rescued from their enemies.
- Pray those that persecute Christians would be scattered and put to confusion.
Verse 6) “From his temple he heard my voice; my cry came before him, into his ears.”
- Pray that when we cry out to Him, we would receive whatever is needed.
Verse 22) “All his laws are before me; I have not turned away from his decrees.”
- Pray for access to the Word; for the Word to be hidden in our hearts.
Verse 28) “You, O LORD, keep my lamp burning; my God turns my darkness into light; my God turns my darkness into light.”
- Pray for more revelation; pray for visitation; pray for the church not be discouraged or lose heart but on fire for Yeshua.
Verse 29) “With your help I can advance against a troop; with my God I can scale a wall.
Verse 33) “He makes my feet like the feet of a deer; he enables me to stand on the heights.
- Lord, set your people in the high places so we will not be moved by the raging storms below.
Verses 34,35) “He trains my hands for battle; my arms can bend a bow of bronze.”
“You give me your shield of victory, and your right hand sustains me; you stoop down to make me great.”
Verses 37-42) gives us victory over our foes. They are totally defeated.
- Pray for wisdom and understanding on how to war and be victorious against powers of darkness.
- Pray for supernatural feats against the enemy.
- Pray enemies would be totally defeated.
Verse 43) “You have delivered me from the attacks of the people; you have made me the head of Nations; people I did not know are subject to me.”
- Pray Nations would turn from their wicked ways and would submit themselves to the Lord.
Verse 49) “Therefore I will praise you among the Nations, O Lord; I will sing praises to your Name.”
- Pray persecuted church would have a spirit of praise.
We will also remember and pray for these dear ones:
Leah Sharibu and Alice that they will be set free from Boko Haram captivity.
- Leah Sharibu was kidnapped along with 109 other students on February 19, 2018 when Boko Haram attacked a boarding school in the city of Dapchi, Maiduguri Diocese, in north-eastern Nigeria. A month later, some of the girls died in captivity and all the others were released, except Leah. She was the only Christian in the group.
- Alice Loksha Ngaddah was kidnapped during the Rann attack on March 1, 2018. She was a nurse working with Unicef and is a mother of two.
- Pastor Wang Yi to be released from prison, for his family, the children, and the church in China. Pastor Wang Yi who is currently serving his prison sentence.
- Anita an Iranian Christian, persecuted by the Islamic regime seeking asylum.
- Pastor Youcef Nadarkhani from Iran, for his release and his family as their persecution continues. At present he is serving his six-year sentence.
Valerie, Persecution Watch Prayer Call Moderator
Prayer Conference Call Details
Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday
From any location on your phone
USA Time Zone:
9:00 PM Eastern
8:00 PM Central
7:00 PM Mountain
6:00 PM Pacific
Call in number: 712 775-7035
Access Code: 281207#
Recommended: For those who may be subject to added charges for conference calls. Please download the app, it’s free!
MOBILE APP: Free Conference Call HD also provides a quick and easy way for you to dial into conference calls without having to remember the dial-in credentials. Save all of your conference call dial-in numbers and access codes using this free app. With the Free Conference Call HD you can instantly dial into a conference call via 3G/4G data network and or regular mobile carrier. Google Play link or App Store – iTunes
If you are experiencing any difficulties joining the call, please let us know.
What is Persecution Watch?
Persecution Watch is a U.S. national prayer conference call ministry that prays specifically for the global Persecuted Church. For over a decade, Blaine Scogin led this national network of believers who faithfully pray for the persecuted and the global harvest for the Kingdom of God. The group meets via a free call-in service every Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday night at 9pm Eastern time in the United States (please check your time zone). Blaine also served as Prayer Director for Voice of the Persecuted, and the missions became one. Brother Blaine passed into glory on December 26, 2019. It was truly a blessing for all of us to serve alongside this dear man of God and he will be greatly missed. The prayer mission of Persecution Watch remains an important part of our mission. Voice of the Persecuted is committed to continue the prayer conference call for the persecuted along with the dedicated Persecution Watch prayer warrior team.
Prior to the passing of Brother Blaine, he confirmed the passing of the torch as prayer conference call leader to Nadia Dybvik. Nadia has a burdened heart for the persecuted and is a prayer warrior standing in the gap for them. She joined the Persecution Watch prayer team in 2013 and has been part of the core ever since. Before becoming the prayer call leader, she served in the role of prayer moderator since 2015. Blaine chose Nadia for her faithfulness to pray for the persecuted and her strong commitment to the Persecution Watch mission. We are blessed not only with her gift of prayer, but her genuine love for every brother and sister in Christ that comes on the call to pray. May the Lord continue to bless Nadia and the prayer team in the mission and their personal lives.
“Pray for us” is the number one request that we hear from the persecuted. As the members of the first century Church were moved by the Holy Spirit to pray, we too must continue to serve those suffering persecution by lifting them up to the Lord through prayer.
On occasion, persecuted brothers and sisters have been invited on the conference call to share the trials they are facing. The team serves to encourage them by washing their feet in Spirit led prayer. Time is often reserved for those on the call to ask questions. We believe this helps to gain a better understanding of the situation that persecuted Christians endure in their specific nations. Q&A also helps us to focus our prayers based on their current needs.
Persecution Watch also hosts callers who want to pray united from other nations. If your heart is perplexed by the sufferings of our persecuted brothers and sisters, you no longer need to pray alone.
We welcome all who desire to pray for the persecuted church and consider it a joy to pray together with you. If you are new to the call and cannot find your voice, listen in and pray silently or on mute. We are grateful and thank the Lord for bringing us all together to pray in agreement for our persecuted family in Christ. We can all be prayer warriors on this call!
God bless and protect you in your faithfulness to serve.
Lois Kanalos, Founder, Voice of the Persecuted, Nadia Dybvik, Persecution Watch Prayer Call Leader and the Persecution Watch Prayer Team
NOTE: Please fill out the form in the sign up link below to be included in our distribution list to receive urgent prayer requests, prayer points, notification of special prayer events and special guest speakers.
Note to Voice of the Persecuted (VOP) readers: The Persecution Watch prayer team is also the prayer team of Voice of the Persecuted. SIGN UP today.