(Voice of the Persecuted) You are invited to join us on Saturday September 4, 2021 in a prayer conference call for Believers hosted by Persecution Watch.
Last week, we prayed that the fruits of the Spirit would be apparent in the church, knowing that the fruits and the gifts of the Spirit work together just as the bells and the pomegranates alternated around the hem of the high priest’s garments.
If we are to minister effectively and do the works Messiah did, we need to operate in both the fruits and the gifts. We cannot have the gifts without fruit, and if we have abundant fruit, gifts will automatically operate. Galatians 5:22 talks about the fruits while Romans 12:3-8 and 1 Corinthians 12:7-11 speak of many gifts. They are to help win souls to the Lord and to encourage, mature and strengthen the church.
- Pray the gifts of the Spirit would operate in the church
- Pray people would not be jealous of each other’s gifts but would work together in unity.
- Pray for protection through the gifts of discernment, words of knowledge and miracles.
- Pray for words of wisdom for the church to have strategies against the enemy and know what to do.
- Pray for the gift of miracles for provision and whatever else is needed.
- Pray for the gift of healing, particularly when cannot depend upon man, but also trusting first in the Lord.
- Pray for the gifts of tongues when they do not know what to pray.
- Pray for the gift of prophecy and interpretation of tongues when they need a Word.
- Pray for more faith. Romans 12:6 tells us to prophesy according to our faith. We all have some measure of faith.
- Pray for the gift of supernatural faith to quench the fiery darts of the enemy, to do exploits, to trust God in everything.
Habakkuk 2:4 says, “The just shall live by faith”. The chapter of Hebrews 11 deals with supernatural faith.
- Pray for the gift of teaching; that both NGOs and the native church would help mature the body through good teaching; pray for truth in teachings.
- Pray for the gift of encouragement and serving others.
- Pray for the gift of giving, especially for those in countries where they are not persecuted and have the means to help support those being persecuted.
- Pray for the purpose of these gifts: to bring people to salvation and to bring the Church to intimacy with the Lord.
Valerie, Persecution Watch Prayer Call Moderator
Prayer Conference Call Details
Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday
From any location on your phone
USA Time Zone:
9:00 PM Eastern
8:00 PM Central
7:00 PM Mountain
6:00 PM Pacific
Call in number: 712 775-7035
Access Code: 281207#
Recommended: For those who may be subject to added charges for conference calls. Please download the app, it’s free!
MOBILE APP: Free Conference Call HD also provides a quick and easy way for you to dial into conference calls without having to remember the dial-in credentials. Save all of your conference call dial-in numbers and access codes using this free app. With the Free Conference Call HD you can instantly dial into a conference call via 3G/4G data network and or regular mobile carrier. Google Play link or App Store – iTunes
If you are experiencing any difficulties joining the call, please let us know.
What is Persecution Watch?
Persecution Watch is a U.S. national prayer conference call ministry that prays specifically for the global Persecuted Church. For over a decade, Blaine Scogin led this national network of believers who faithfully pray for the persecuted and the global harvest for the Kingdom of God. The group meets via a free call-in service every Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday night at 9pm Eastern time in the United States (please check your time zone). Blaine also served as Prayer Director for Voice of the Persecuted, and the missions became one. Brother Blaine passed into glory on December 26, 2019. It was truly a blessing for all of us to serve alongside this dear man of God and he will be greatly missed. The prayer mission of Persecution Watch remains an important part of our mission. Voice of the Persecuted is committed to continue the prayer conference call for the persecuted along with the dedicated Persecution Watch prayer warrior team.
Prior to the passing of Brother Blaine, he confirmed the passing of the torch as prayer conference call leader to Nadia Dybvik. Nadia has a burdened heart for the persecuted and is a prayer warrior standing in the gap for them. She joined the Persecution Watch prayer team in 2013 and has been part of the core ever since. Before becoming the prayer call leader, she served in the role of prayer moderator since 2015. Blaine chose Nadia for her faithfulness to pray for the persecuted and her strong commitment to the Persecution Watch mission. We are blessed not only with her gift of prayer, but her genuine love for every brother and sister in Christ that comes on the call to pray. May the Lord continue to bless Nadia and the prayer team in the mission and their personal lives.
“Pray for us” is the number one request that we hear from the persecuted. As the members of the first century Church were moved by the Holy Spirit to pray, we too must continue to serve those suffering persecution by lifting them up to the Lord through prayer.
On occasion, persecuted brothers and sisters have been invited on the conference call to share the trials they are facing. The team serves to encourage them by washing their feet in Spirit led prayer. Time is often reserved for those on the call to ask questions. We believe this helps to gain a better understanding of the situation that persecuted Christians endure in their specific nations. Q&A also helps us to focus our prayers based on their current needs.
Persecution Watch also hosts callers who want to pray united from other nations. If your heart is perplexed by the sufferings of our persecuted brothers and sisters, you no longer need to pray alone.
We welcome all who desire to pray for the persecuted church and consider it a joy to pray together with you. If you are new to the call and cannot find your voice, listen in and pray silently or on mute. We are grateful and thank the Lord for bringing us all together to pray in agreement for our persecuted family in Christ. We can all be prayer warriors on this call!
God bless and protect you in your faithfulness to serve.
Lois Kanalos, Founder, Voice of the Persecuted, Nadia Dybvik, Persecution Watch Prayer Call Leader and the Persecution Watch Prayer Team
NOTE: Please fill out the form in the sign up link below to be included in our distribution list to receive urgent prayer requests, prayer points, notification of special prayer events and special guest speakers.
Note to Voice of the Persecuted (VOP) readers: The Persecution Watch prayer team is also the prayer team of Voice of the Persecuted. SIGN UP today.