(Voice of the Persecuted) You are invited to join us on Saturday July 10,2021 in a conference prayer call for the persecuted church hosted by Persecution Watch.
A house divided against itself cannot stand. But we know God’s church will stand.
In Israel, there are more non-charismatic churches than those who are charismatic. It was reported from a contact in Israel that the non-charismatic church is censuring the charismatic church in fear they would cause them trouble with the government. They were planning to have a vote on “punishing” the charismatic church. I have yet to hear what happened in this regard, but the rift is a matter of grave concern. The world follows what happens in Israel.
We have addressed this issue in the Ethiopian church as well as other churches, even in countries where there is persecution of Christians.
Those who are being persecuted must be united, as well as those who are not.
Dear Prayer Warriors,
Pray as led by the Holy Spirit
- Pray the churches will keep the main thing: Yeshua’s miraculous birth, sinless life, crucifixion, and resurrection; His dying for our sins, and not argue about non-essential doctrines.
- Pray for spirit of truth and revelation (Psalm 43:3) “Send out Your light and Your truth. Let them guide me; let them bring me to Your holy mountain, to the place where you dwell.
- Pray the churches will keep the main commandments as stated by Messiah in Matthew 22:37-40 “You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. This is the great and first commandment. And the second is like it; love your neighbor as yourself. All the law and the prophets hang on these two commandments.”
First Corinthians 13: Let the church get this into their hearts. Love never fails.
- Pray church would know how to war against this spirit; that the enemy be put to confusion and disunity.
- Pray against the spirit of pride. Pray for humility in the church.
- Pray for pastors; that they would foster unity and strive to get closer to Messiah.
- Pray for Godly prophets; to correct and encourage the church.
- Pray for evangelists; they would not be dissuaded from witnessing.
- Pray for a spirit of praise. “Let everything that has breath praise the Lord.” Psalm 150:6
- Pray for a spirit of thanksgiving, “Give thanks to the Lord for He is good, for His mercy endures forever. Psalm 136
- (Psalm 133) “Behold how good and how pleasant it is for brothers to dwell together in unity” It is there the Lord commands the blessing, even life forevermore.
We are also lifting up persecuted witnesses to the Lord:
- Leah Sharibu, prisoner of Boko Haram since 2018. Pray for her release.
- Alice Loksha Ngaddah, kidnapped February 2019. She is a mother of two, working as a nurse for UNICEF. Pray for her release.
- Pray for Pastor Wang Yi to be released from prison.
- Pray for Anita, a Christian convert facing a long prison term who escaped from Iran and praying to go to a country where she can express her faith openly.
- For the release of Pastor Youcef Nadarkhani from Iran, and his family as their persecution continues. Pastor Nadarkhani is serving the second year of his six-year sentence.
Valerie, Persecution Watch Prayer Call Moderator
Prayer Conference Call Details
Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday
From any location on your phone
USA Time Zone:
9:00 PM Eastern
8:00 PM Central
7:00 PM Mountain
6:00 PM Pacific
Call in number: 712 775-7035
Access Code: 281207#
Recommended: For those who may be subject to added charges for conference calls. Please download the app, it’s free!
MOBILE APP: Free Conference Call HD also provides a quick and easy way for you to dial into conference calls without having to remember the dial-in credentials. Save all of your conference call dial-in numbers and access codes using this free app. With the Free Conference Call HD you can instantly dial into a conference call via 3G/4G data network and or regular mobile carrier. Google Play link or App Store – iTunes
If you are experiencing any difficulties joining the call, please let us know.
What is Persecution Watch?
Persecution Watch is a U.S. national prayer conference call ministry that prays specifically for the global Persecuted Church. For over a decade, Blaine Scogin led this national network of believers who faithfully pray for the persecuted and the global harvest for the Kingdom of God. The group meets via a free call-in service every Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday night at 9pm Eastern time in the United States (please check your time zone). Blaine also served as Prayer Director for Voice of the Persecuted, and the missions became one. Brother Blaine passed into glory on December 26, 2019. It was truly a blessing for all of us to serve alongside this dear man of God and he will be greatly missed. The prayer mission of Persecution Watch remains an important part of our mission. Voice of the Persecuted is committed to continue the prayer conference call for the persecuted along with the dedicated Persecution Watch prayer warrior team.
Prior to the passing of Brother Blaine, he confirmed the passing of the torch as prayer conference call leader to Nadia Dybvik. Nadia has a burdened heart for the persecuted and is a prayer warrior standing in the gap for them. She joined the Persecution Watch prayer team in 2013 and has been part of the core ever since. Before becoming the prayer call leader, she served in the role of prayer moderator since 2015. Blaine chose Nadia for her faithfulness to pray for the persecuted and her strong commitment to the Persecution Watch mission. We are blessed not only with her gift of prayer, but her genuine love for every brother and sister in Christ that comes on the call to pray. May the Lord continue to bless Nadia and the prayer team in the mission and their personal lives.
“Pray for us” is the number one request that we hear from the persecuted. As the members of the first century Church were moved by the Holy Spirit to pray, we too must continue to serve those suffering persecution by lifting them up to the Lord through prayer.
On occasion, persecuted brothers and sisters have been invited on the conference call to share the trials they are facing. The team serves to encourage them by washing their feet in Spirit led prayer. Time is often reserved for those on the call to ask questions. We believe this helps to gain a better understanding of the situation that persecuted Christians endure in their specific nations. Q&A also helps us to focus our prayers based on their current needs.
Persecution Watch also hosts callers who want to pray united from other nations. If your heart is perplexed by the sufferings of our persecuted brothers and sisters, you no longer need to pray alone.
We welcome all who desire to pray for the persecuted church and consider it a joy to pray together with you. If you are new to the call and cannot find your voice, listen in and pray silently or on mute. We are grateful and thank the Lord for bringing us all together to pray in agreement for our persecuted family in Christ. We can all be prayer warriors on this call!
God bless and protect you in your faithfulness to serve.
Lois Kanalos, Founder, Voice of the Persecuted and the Persecution Watch Prayer Team
NOTE: Please fill out the form in the sign up link below to be included in our distribution list to receive urgent prayer requests, prayer points, notification of special prayer events and special guest speakers.
Note to Voice of the Persecuted (VOP) readers: The Persecution Watch prayer team is also the prayer team of Voice of the Persecuted. SIGN UP today.