5/06/2021 (Voice of the Persecuted) You are invited to join us on Thursday, May 06 in a prayer conference call for the persecuted church hosted by Persecution Watch.
China: Population 1.4 billion, Christians 97.2 million [6.8%]
Report reveals that between January and December 2020, the Chinese Communist Party’s (CCP) systemic harassment of Christians, other religious practitioners, and activists has steadily increased and intensified. Under President Xi Jinping’s orders, Chinese officials executed the “Five-Year Plan for the Sinicization of Christianity” which is now in its third year Churches closed and demolished. House churches raided. Pastors handcuffed mid-service. Christians arrested, interrogated and imprisoned. Crosses removed from church buildings.
Also, during the height of the COVID-19 outbreak, the CCP used it as an excuse to shut down all places of worship and to ban any religious gathering or activity throughout mainland China. Both state-run and house churches suffered more harassment including the pillaging of properties and total demolition of church buildings. Anyone who dares challenge the authorities end up suffering ugly consequences.
Religious persecution in China intensified in 2020, with thousands of Christians affected by church closures and other human rights abuses, according to a new report from ChinaAid. Overall, CCP authorities persecuted 100% of house churches, the study found, with police summoning and questioning every church’s main leader.
Under the direction of Chinese President Xi Jinping, CCP officials also worked to more fully control “religion,” ordering Christians in both official, state-run churches as well as in house churches to fly the Chinese flag, and sing patriotic songs in services. Authorities also directed ministers and priests to “Sinicize” sermons, or alter them to conform to CCP ideology. According to the report released this week, CCP authorities also invaded Christians’ homes, raided family gatherings, and interfered with parenting decisions. In numerous instances, authorities sued Christians for homeschooling their children or sending them to church-run schools.
- Pray to the Lord that the Holy Spirit will change attitudes among government officials, especially for President Xi, that he will soften towards Christians and other religious minorities.
- Ask the Lord to open the eyes of those in authority to the unequalled power and beauty of the gospel.
- Please pray for the Lord to encourage the body of Christ worldwide to support our brothers and sisters in China through prayer.
- Pray for Bibles “covert” deliveries on SDHC cards, micro SDHC cards, USB flash drives as well as paper to provid Bibles for spiritual strength amid intense persecution.
- Pray to the Lord for using NGOs and Believers toprovide direct aid to Chinese Christians facing increasing opposition from government authorities.
- Ask the Lord to give church leaders wisdom, discernment and guidance as they lead congregations in light of increased restrictions and surveillance.
- Lift up in prayer all who have left their former religion to follow Jesus. Pray that they will be protected from harm, strengthened in their faith and empowered in their witness.
- Please pray especially for the Uyghurs who came to faith from their Muslim believes. [The Uyghur Muslims are treated as terrorists in China and professing the Christian faith adds to their problems with the government.
- Pray against the camera surveillance system that it will choke on data overload and experience constant system breakdown.
- Pray for the Christians who are accused of illegal gathering, illegal preaching and spreading harmful books as they may not have to go to prison.
- Pray for the elders who worship on-line and at home and are persecuted by the authorities by cutting of water, electricity, natural gas and internet service and ordering their landlord to evict them.
- Pray to The Lord to hold His hand of protection over the Christians who suffer in overcrowded prison cells. [50 to 60 people in a 500 square feet cell.
- Pray against the governments devious designs and action to falsify the Word.
[Andy will read John 8,7-11 ESV and John 8,7-11 in the Chinese authorized version]
- Pray to the Lord that He will mightily continue to grow His church in China in spite of restrictions and persecution.
Again, we want to lift up persecuted witnesses to the Lord:
- Leah Sharibu, prisoner of Boko Haram since 2018, pray for her release.
- Alice Loksha Ngaddah, kidnapped February 2019. She is a mother of two, working as a nurse for UNICEF. Pray for her release.
- Pray pastor Wang Yi to be released from prison.
- Pray for Anita, a Christian convert facing a long prison term who escaped and now waiting for a visa to go to a country where she can express her faith openly.
- For the release of Pastor Youcef Nadarkhani from Iran, and his family as their Persecution continues. Pastor Nadarkhani is serving the second year of his six-year sentence, recently reduced from ten years.
Andy, Persecution Watch Prayer Call Moderator
Prayer Conference Call Details
Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday
From any location on your phone
9:00 PM Eastern
8:00 PM Central
7:00 PM Mountain
6:00 PM Pacific
Call in number: 712 775-7035
Access Code: 281207#
Recommended: For those who may be subject to added charges for conference calls. Please download the app, it’s free!
MOBILE APP: Free Conference Call HD also provides a quick and easy way for you to dial into conference calls without having to remember the dial-in credentials. Save all of your conference call dial-in numbers and access codes using this free app. With the Free Conference Call HD you can instantly dial into a conference call via 3G/4G data network and or regular mobile carrier. Google Play link or App Store – iTunes
If you are experiencing any difficulties joining the call, please let us know.
What is Persecution Watch?
Persecution Watch is a U.S. national prayer conference call ministry that prays specifically for the global Persecuted Church. For over a decade, Blaine Scogin led this national network of believers who faithfully pray for the persecuted and the global harvest for the Kingdom of God.
The group meets via a free call-in service every Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday night at 9pm Eastern (please check your time zone). Blaine also served as Prayer Director for Voice of the Persecuted and our missions became one. The prayer mission of Persecution Watch is an important part of our own.
With the passing of Blaine into glory on December 26, 2019, Voice of the Persecuted is committed to continue the prayer conference call for the persecuted along with our dedicated prayer warrior team.
On occasion, persecuted brothers and sisters have been invited on the call to share the trials they’re facing. The team serves to encourage them by washing their feet in Spirit led prayer.
Time is often reserved for those on the call to ask questions. We believe this helps to gain a better understanding of the situation that persecuted Christians endure in their specific nations. Q&A also helps us to focus our prayers based on their current needs.
Persecution Watch also hosts callers who want to pray united from other nations. If your heart is perplexed by the sufferings of our persecuted brothers and sisters, you no longer need to pray alone. We welcome all who desire to pray for the persecuted church and consider it a joy to pray together with you.
If you’re new to the call and can’t find your voice, listen in and pray silently or on mute. We are grateful and thank the Lord for bringing us all together to pray in agreement for our persecuted family in Christ. We can all be prayer warriors on this call!
NOTE: Persecution Watch has a new email address for the prayer team and those who would like to receive urgent prayer requests, weekly call prayer points and notification of special prayer events and special guest speakers.
Please fill out the form below to be included in our new distribution list to receive this important information. We are grateful for your prayers and to the Lord for guiding us as we continue the Persecution Watch prayer call mission.
Note to Voice of the Persecuted (VOP) readers: The Persecution Watch prayer team is also the prayer team of Voice of the Persecuted. SIGN UP today.