4/1/2021 (Voice of the Persecuted) Persecution Watch invites you to join us on Thursday, April 01, 2021 in a prayer call for the persecuted church.
SYRIA: Population 18.9 million, Christians: 677,000 thousand
Syrian Civil War Reaches 10 Year Anniversary
(International Christian Concern) [March 15th marked] a grim benchmark as Syria’s civil war hits its 10-year anniversary. A full decade has passed since the uprising-turned-civil war began and pushed millions out of the country and killed hundreds of thousands. Some sources estimate pro-government forces are responsible for around 93% of the deaths. It is estimated that 12 million out of Syria’s pre-civil war population of 22 million were displaced in the last decade, trying to escape violence and economic distress. Around half of those who were displaced found refuge outside the country, though many remain internally displaced in camps.
Christians in particular are extremely fearful to return to the country. As ISIS-faction groups continue to war in northern Syria, the breeding ground for extremism and anti-Christian rhetoric is fertile. Pro-government forces also discourage any Christian return as civilians continue to suffer from human rights abuses and attacks after Assad’s scorched earth campaign to reclaim the majority of territory lost.
Northwestern Syria in particular remains a major conflict zone, with internal forces as well as Turkish, Russian, and other international actors vying for control with different agendas. Though peace in Syria remains an elusive attempt, one hopeful landmark has occurred.
- Pray that the Lord will do a mighty work in President Bashar al-Assad to stop the fighting and allow for religious freedom.
- Pray for Syrian Christians to be able to return to their homes, families, communities and livelihoods, and for God’s continued restoration for those who have already returned.
- Pray for Syrian believers to be the light of hope in Syria, providing comfort and wisdom to those who are suffering from trauma or from a lack of food and resources.
- Pray for the Word of God to saturate the land of Syria and that people will find new joy, strength and hope when meditating upon it.
- Pray for the protection of the few Christians in the Kurdish Qamishli area of Syria.
- Pray to the Lord to strengthen and encourage pastors and church staff who are exhausted by war and unrest.
- Pray that the many Christian converts from Islam are protected will grow in knowledge and faith.
- Ask the Lord to put peace into the hearts of Christians—and those who persecute them.
- Pray to the Lord to hold His hand over women and girls to protect them from abduction and rape.
- Praise God for giving believers amazing opportunities to sharing the gospel. Pray for a holy thirst and hunger among the people of Iraq for God.
- Pray for funding and security for the NGOs who are helping returning believers with housing and other necessities.
- Pray that the Internet has powerful messages that resonate and convict Muslims as well as communications that guide and edify Christians.
- Pray the Lord will enable Christians to forgive their persecutors.
- Pray to the Lord for the rebuilding of churches that were destroyed by Muslim extremists.
- Pray to the Lord that the Christian population will grow substantially and that the forces of darkness will be made weak an feeble.
Again, we want to lift up persecuted witnesses to the Lord:
- Leah Sharibu, prisoner of Boko Haram since 2018, pray for her release.
- Alice Loksha Ngaddah, kidnapped February 2019. She is a mother of two, working as a nurse for UNICEF. Pray for her release.
- Pray pastor Wang Yi to be released from prison.
- Pray for Anita, a Christian convert facing a long prison term who escaped and now waiting for a visa to go to a country where she can express her faith openly.
- For the release of Pastor Youcef Nadarkhani from Iran, and his family as their Persecution continues. Pastor Nadarkhani is serving the second year of his six-year sentence, recently reduced from ten years.
Andy, Persecution Watch Prayer Call Moderator
Prayer Conference Call Details
Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday
From any location on your phone
9:00 PM Eastern
8:00 PM Central
7:00 PM Mountain
6:00 PM Pacific
Call in number: 712 775-7035
Access Code: 281207#
Recommended: For those who may be subject to added charges for conference calls. Please download the app, it’s free!
MOBILE APP: Free Conference Call HD also provides a quick and easy way for you to dial into conference calls without having to remember the dial-in credentials. Save all of your conference call dial-in numbers and access codes using this free app. With the Free Conference Call HD you can instantly dial into a conference call via 3G/4G data network and or regular mobile carrier. Google Play link or App Store – iTunes
If you are experiencing any difficulties joining the call, please let us know.
What is Persecution Watch?
Persecution Watch is a U.S. national prayer conference call ministry that prays specifically for the global Persecuted Church. For over a decade, Blaine Scogin led this national network of believers who faithfully pray for the persecuted and the global harvest for the Kingdom of God.
The group meets via a free call-in service every Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday night at 9pm Eastern (please check your time zone). Blaine also served as Prayer Director for Voice of the Persecuted and our missions became one. The prayer mission of Persecution Watch is an important part of our own.
With the passing of Blaine into glory on December 26, 2019, Voice of the Persecuted is committed to continue the prayer conference call for the persecuted along with our dedicated prayer warrior team.
On occasion, persecuted brothers and sisters have been invited on the call to share the trials they’re facing. The team serves to encourage them by washing their feet in Spirit led prayer.
Time is often reserved for those on the call to ask questions. We believe this helps to gain a better understanding of the situation that persecuted Christians endure in their specific nations. Q&A also helps us to focus our prayers based on their current needs.
Persecution Watch also hosts callers who want to pray united from other nations. If your heart is perplexed by the sufferings of our persecuted brothers and sisters, you no longer need to pray alone. We welcome all who desire to pray for the persecuted church and consider it a joy to pray together with you.
If you’re new to the call and can’t find your voice, listen in and pray silently or on mute. We are grateful and thank the Lord for bringing us all together to pray in agreement for our persecuted family in Christ. We can all be prayer warriors on this call!
NOTE: Persecution Watch has a new email address for the prayer team and those who would like to receive urgent prayer requests, weekly call prayer points and notification of special prayer events and special guest speakers.
Please fill out the form below to be included in our new distribution list to receive this important information. We are grateful for your prayers and to the Lord for guiding us as we continue the Persecution Watch prayer call mission.
Note to Voice of the Persecuted (VOP) readers: The Persecution Watch prayer team is also the prayer team of Voice of the Persecuted. SIGN UP today.