3/9/2021 Dear Prayer Warriors, Voice of the Persecuted and Persecution Watch invite you to join us Tuesday March 9, 2021 in a prayer conference call for the persecuted Church and the most vulnerable children in the world.
Leah Sharibu was kidnapped along with 109 other students on February 19, 2018 when Boko Haram attacked a boarding school in the city of Dapchi, Maiduguri Diocese, in north-eastern Nigeria. A month later, some of the girls died in captivity and all the others were released, except Leah. She was the only Christian in the group.
Alice Loksha Ngaddah was kidnapped during the Rann attack on March 1, 2018. She was a nurse working with Unicef and is a mother of two.
Leah Sharibu and Alice that they will be set free from Boko Haram captivity.
Pastor Wang Yi to be released from prison, for his family, the children, and the church in China. On December 28 the police raided the Early Rain Church and arrested Pastor Wang Yi, his wife Jiang Rong, and ten elders of the well-known 750-member church for holding “illegal” services. Some 100 believers were detained, questioned, and later released. Pastor Wang’s wife was also released. Pastor Wang remained in detention.
For Anita, an Iranian Christian, persecuted by the Islamic regime seeking asylum.
For the release of Pastor Youcef Nadarkhani from Iran, and his family as their persecution continues. Pastor Nadarkhani is serving the second year of his six-year sentence, recently reduced from ten years. Pastor Youcef Nadarkhani converted to Christianity at the age of 19 and leads a 400-member house church in Rasht, Iran. Since 2006, Iranian authorities have consistently harassed and detained Pastor Nadarkhani and his family.
In 2010, the authorities sentenced him to death for apostasy before acquitting him in 2012. Pastor Nadarkhani was tried again in 2017 on false charges of “acting against national security” and promoting “Zionist Christianity,” for which he was sentenced to 10 years imprisonment. By July 2018, plainclothes agents raided Pastor Nadarkhani’s home to execute the sentence, beating and apprehending him and using a taser gun on one of his sons. He is now incarcerated at the notorious Evin prison near Tehran.
Praying for the children with absolutely no voice, the unborn. (part 2 of 2)
God loves every single baby no matter how they are conceived, and He turns every tragedy into triumph.
Most often the circumstance of rape or incest is used to justify the reason of abortion, but to Him all children are a gift, and their life is precious, even when they are barely formed in their mother’s womb.
The truth of rape is heartbreaking. It is a terrible trauma and hard to deal with, especially when it results in pregnancy. It probably feels impossible to imagine seeing and loving this child every day.
This is the story of Ryan Bomberger who was conceived through rape, whose mother decided to give birth to him and then put him up for adoption.
He now runs the Radiance Foundation, which is involved in cutting-edge pro-life educational projects. If his biological mother would have chosen to abort him, she would have denied the chance of him making a difference in the number of lives he is saving right now. But Hope overcame tragedy in this case.
- Pray for the innocent helpless little babies who have been slaughtered. For enduring unspeakable atrocity.
- Pray that each child whose precious life has been ended while in the womb of their mother and in violation of Your divine plan, is with You in heaven.
Pray for those who choose abortion
“In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God’s grace.” Ephesians 1:7
- Pray for all those who freely chose to abort their babies because of their own selfish attitude. For those women who think they are in charge of their body.
- Pray for the young girls and women who have been forced one way or another to have an abortion.
“Godly sorrow brings repentance that leads to salvation and leaves no regret, but worldly sorrow brings death.” 2 Corinthians 7:10
Pray for healing for those who feel guilty after an abortion.
“Lord my God, I called to you for help, and you healed me.” Psalm 30:2
“Because if our hearts condemn us, God is greater than our hearts and knows all things” 1 John 3:20
- Pray for those mothers who’s hearts are torn in two after the abortion, for the grief and guilt for the broken-hearted.
- Prayer for those that chose abortion in the past and need healing/peace and comfort.
- Pray for Grace to accept forgiveness after the abortion and to carry on with His guidance.
Pray for fathers who are mourning an abortion
“Blessed are those who mourn, because they will be comforted” Matthew 5:4
- Pray for the trauma that can often affect them for when they are excluded in the decision to terminate the pregnancy.
- Pray for been left emotionally and grieving for the little life they have last.
- Pray for comfort upon all man who have been affected about abortion in this way, to all who are grieving for the sons or daughter they have lost.
Pray to end abortion
“The LORD said to him, “Who gave human beings their mouths? Who makes them deaf or mute? Who gives them sight or makes them blind? Is it not I, the LORD? Exodus 4:11
“For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realm” Ephesians 6:12
“Children are a heritage from the LORD, offspring a reward from him.” Psalm 127:3
“Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart; I appointed you as a prophet to the nations.” Jeremiah 1:5
“For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place when I was woven together in the depths of the earth. Your eyes saw my unformed body; all the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.” Psalm 139:13-16
- Pray for those having a crisis pregnancy: for strength and faith to choose life. May they receive His help to make this tough decision and show them His love and hope through this.
- Pray to end abortion clinics: against every administration, place or person promoting abortion clinics.
- Pray change of hearts of those providing abortions. That the Lord plaint in their hearts a treasure for life no matter what stage it is.
- Pray against shame in pregnancy. Every pregnancy is a gift, no matter how conceived. Even if the parents do not want the child, this does not mean God does not want the child.
- Pray to change the hearts of those seeking an abortion. Plant in their hearts a treasure for life no matter what stage it is. May they see a beauty in every situation regardless of how the baby was conceived or circumstances going on.
- Prayer for those pregnant with no finances. God is a God of provision and will provide for their needs.
- Pray for ministries that are actively working to change the hearts of people seeking an abortion. Ask for strength for these ministries to keep fighting abortion. Pray for the resources they need to keep the fire against abortion going.
Pray for the children who survived abortion.
In the love of Christ,
Nadia Dybvik, Persecution Watch Prayer Conference Call Leader
Prayer Conference Call Details
Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday
From any location on your phone
9:00 PM Eastern
8:00 PM Central
7:00 PM Mountain
6:00 PM Pacific
Call in number: 712 775-7035
Access Code: 281207#
Recommended: For those who may be subject to added charges for conference calls. Please download the app, it’s free!
MOBILE APP: Free Conference Call HD also provides a quick and easy way for you to dial into conference calls without having to remember the dial-in credentials. Save all of your conference call dial-in numbers and access codes using this free app. With the Free Conference Call HD you can instantly dial into a conference call via 3G/4G data network and or regular mobile carrier. Google Play link or App Store – iTunes
If you are experiencing any difficulties joining the call, please let us know.
What is Persecution Watch?
Persecution Watch is a U.S. national prayer conference call ministry that prays specifically for the global Persecuted Church. For over a decade, Blaine Scogin led this national network of believers who faithfully pray for the persecuted and the global harvest for the Kingdom of God.
The group meets via a free call-in service every Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday night at 9pm Eastern (please check your time zone). Blaine also served as Prayer Director for Voice of the Persecuted and our missions became one. The prayer mission of Persecution Watch is an important part of our own.
With the passing of Blaine into glory on December 26, 2019, Voice of the Persecuted is committed to continue the prayer conference call for the persecuted along with our dedicated prayer warrior team.
On occasion, persecuted brothers and sisters have been invited on the call to share the trials they’re facing. The team serves to encourage them by washing their feet in Spirit led prayer.
Time is often reserved for those on the call to ask questions. We believe this helps to gain a better understanding of the situation that persecuted Christians endure in their specific nations. Q&A also helps us to focus our prayers based on their current needs.
Persecution Watch also hosts callers who want to pray united from other nations. If your heart is perplexed by the sufferings of our persecuted brothers and sisters, you no longer need to pray alone. We welcome all who desire to pray for the persecuted church and consider it a joy to pray together with you.
If you’re new to the call and can’t find your voice, listen in and pray silently or on mute. We are grateful and thank the Lord for bringing us all together to pray in agreement for our persecuted family in Christ. We can all be prayer warriors on this call!
NOTE: Persecution Watch has a new email address for the prayer team and those who would like to receive urgent prayer requests, weekly call prayer points and notification of special prayer events and special guest speakers.
Please fill out the form below to be included in our new distribution list to receive this important information. We are grateful for your prayers and to the Lord for guiding us as we continue the Persecution Watch prayer call mission.
Note to Voice of the Persecuted (VOP) readers: The Persecution Watch prayer team is also the prayer team of Voice of the Persecuted. SIGN UP today.