9/26/2020 (Voice of the Persecuted) Dear Prayer Warriors, it is written, “Remembering before our God and Father your work of faith and labor of love and steadfastness of hope in our Lord Jesus Christ.” 1 Thessalonians 1:3
“Call upon Me in the day of trouble; I will deliver you, and you shall glorify Me.”
If you are able please join us, tonight, as we pray for the persecuted church and for the harvest.
- Pray that they will persevere in the midst of their suffering, setting their eyes on that which is unseen.
- Pray that their hearts are filled with forgiveness for their persecutors, forgiving as Christ forgives us.
- Pray that they will not fall into temptation or doubt; pray that they will resist anger and bitterness, choosing instead to pursue righteousness.
- Pray for the Holy Spirit to strengthen them when they are weak and remind them that God’s grace is sufficient.
- Pray that they would have compassion for their persecutors; pray that their persecutors will repent and experience the mercy of God.
- Pray that Christians would have access to Bibles, and that God would train them in the Word so that they may in turn train others.
- Pray for those who fear discovery and must worship God in secret; pray that they will experience peace.
- Pray that they will remember God’s promise to not abandon his people, though they may be rejected by family or society.
- Pray for unity among persecuted believers; pray that they will be of one mind as we are one in Christ.
- Pray that they will experience joy as they abide in the goodness of God; may they rejoice in his salvation and love.
- Pray for the families of those who are imprisoned, tortured, or killed; may they be comforted by fellow believers.
- Pray that they will put on the full armor of God so that they can stand firm in the faith, resisting the schemes of the devil.
- Pray that they will also continue to pray, casting their cares on Jesus and being anxious about nothing.
We will also continue to pray for:
- Leah Sharibu and Alice that they will be set free from Boko Haram captivity.
- Pastor Wang Yi to be released from prison, for his family, the children, and the church in China.
- To pray for Anita, an Iranian Christian, persecuted by the Islamic regime.
- The Global Harvest for the Kingdom of God
In Christ love,
Nadia Dybvik, Persecution Watch Prayer Leader
Prayer Conference Call Details
Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday
From any location on your phone
9:00 PM Eastern
8:00 PM Central
7:00 PM Mountain
6:00 PM Pacific
Call in number: 712 775-7035
Access Code: 281207#
Recommended: For those who may be subject to added charges for conference calls. Please download the app, it’s free!
MOBILE APP: Free Conference Call HD also provides a quick and easy way for you to dial into conference calls without having to remember the dial-in credentials. Save all of your conference call dial-in numbers and access codes using this free app. With the Free Conference Call HD you can instantly dial into a conference call via 3G/4G data network and or regular mobile carrier. Google Play link or App Store – iTunes
What is Persecution Watch?
Persecution Watch is a U.S. national prayer conference call ministry that prays specifically for the global Persecuted Church. For over a decade, Blaine Scogin led this national network of believers who faithfully pray for the persecuted and the global harvest for the Kingdom of God.
The group meets via a free call-in service every Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday night at 9pm Eastern (please check your time zone). Blaine also served as Prayer Director for Voice of the Persecuted and our missions became one. The prayer mission of Persecution Watch is an important part of our own.
With the passing of Blaine into glory on December 26, 2019, Voice of the Persecuted is committed to continue the prayer conference call for the persecuted along with our dedicated prayer warrior team.
On occasion, persecuted brothers and sisters have been invited on the call to share the trials they’re facing. The team serves to encourage them by washing their feet in Spirit led prayer.
Time is often reserved for those on the call to ask questions. We believe this helps to gain a better understanding of the situation that persecuted Christians endure in their specific nations. Q&A also helps us to focus our prayers based on their current needs.
Persecution Watch also hosts callers who want to pray united from other nations. If your heart is perplexed by the sufferings of our persecuted brothers and sisters, you no longer need to pray alone. We welcome all who desire to pray for the persecuted church and consider it a joy to pray together with you.
If you’re new to the call and can’t find your voice, listen in and pray silently or on mute. We are grateful and thank the Lord for bringing us all together to pray in agreement for our persecuted family in Christ. We can all be prayer warriors on this call!
NOTE: Persecution Watch has a new email address for the prayer team and those who would like to receive urgent prayer requests, weekly call prayer points and notification of special prayer events and special guest speakers.
Please fill out the form below to be included in our new distribution list to receive this important information. We are grateful for your prayers and to the Lord for guiding us as we continue the Persecution Watch prayer call mission.
Note to Voice of the Persecuted (VOP) readers: The Persecution Watch prayer team is also the prayer team of Voice of the Persecuted. SIGN UP today.