“Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.” Joshua 1:9
(Voice of the Persecuted) Dear Prayer Warriors, the 2019 novel coronavirus, officially named as Covid-19 by the World Health Organization (WHO), has now spread to 37 countries, according to the CDC. More than 80,000 have been infected globally, with at least 2,700 deaths, including nearly 78,000 cases in China, along with the majority reported death toll. The epidemic is alarming public health authorities and citizens across the globe. Authorities are working hard to contain the spreading of the virus and scientists are doing fast-track research for Coronavirus Treatment and Vaccine.
This Covid-19 is much like influenza, both are respiratory viruses. The symptoms include cough, fever, and pneumonia. To learn more about the virus, it’s symptoms and prevention, please visit https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/summary.html.
The (WHO) reports,
“Given that COVID-19 is a new disease, it is understandable that its emergence and spread cause confusion, anxiety and fear among the general public. These factors can give rise to harmful stereotypes.
Stigma can: • drive people to hide the illness to avoid discrimination • prevent people from seeking health care immediately • discourage them from adopting healthy behaviors
Such barriers could potentially contribute to more severe health problems, ongoing transmission, and difficulties controlling infectious diseases during an infectious disease outbreak.
We have an important role to play in preventing and stopping stigma. We need to be intentional and thoughtful when communicating on social media and other communication platforms.”
Italy, my native country, has a total of 283 coronavirus confirmed cases as of 25 February. The country also reported 7 deaths. Stunned by Europe’s biggest surge of the coronavirus and what I’m hearing from my relatives, it appears Italy is operating in near panic mode. Whole communities have been quarantined. Though there is not a food shortage, people are on a rampage to clear out markets and grocery stores. Also, there are sad stories of healthy people from infected regions and those of Asian descent being stigmatized and even attacked as if the virus was their fault. While speaking to one of my very concerned family members, who is an unbeliever, I relayed that we should be crying out to the Lord, the One who can perform miracles and asked my relative to consider that. The next day he shared that he looked at himself in the mirror then called out, “God help me!” As the Church, we need to share the Lord with unbelievers at every opportunity. They need Him!
As newly infected cases, deaths, and the global spreading of the Coronavirus are reported, fear and panic is growing around the world, this week.
It is for this reason that I’m calling all Prayer Warriors, and I urge you to pray in the Spirit.
“And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the Lord’s people.” Ephesians 6:18
“Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.” Philippians 4:6
“Even though I walk through the darkest valley, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.” Psalm 23:4
* Pray for the safety of our brothers and sisters from the Coronavirus all over the world, that they will trust Jesus and not grow weary.
* Pray for healing of the believers who are currently affected by the virus in USA, China, Italy and around the world. Pray that they would respond well to treatment and that they would recover quickly.
* Pray the Kingdom harvest, that our brothers and sisters all around the world will show the love of Christ, God’s hope and salvation in the Lord to the lost who are sick or consumed by fear for the outcome.
* Pray for them not to be afraid but trust in the Lord.
* Pray that missionaries will be able to reach those who do not know the Lord.
* Pray that the lost will turn away from their sins, repent and choose to follow Christ as their Savior.
* Pray for jailed pastors & believers in China as news of coronavirus outbreaks in the prison systems of at least 3 provinces (Hubei, Zhejiang, and Shandong) surfaced. Ask God to give grace to prisoners across the nation.
* Pray for all of those being kept under quarantine globally that God would bring them peace until they can return or leave their homes.
* Pray for the medical workers across the world fighting this virus. Pray that they would remain safe and strong while they carry out this vital work.
* Pray that God will protect the nations and stop the virus spreading further.
* Pray for authority figures working to combat the spread of the virus. Pray that they will be kind, wise, and that their efforts will be fruitful.
* We will continue to lift up our dear precious Leah Sharibu and Alice who continue to suffer as captives of the Islamic Boko Haram group in Nigeria.
* and for Pastor Wang Yi from China, who has been sentenced to 9 years in prison for boldly sharing the love of God.
In Christ love,
Nadia Dybvik & Merlaine Smokes, Persecution Watch Prayer Call Moderators
Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday
From any location on your phone
9:00 PM EST
8:00 PM CST
7:00 PM MST
6:00 PM PST
Call in number: 712 775-7035
Access Code: 281207#
Recommended: For those who may be subject to added charges for conference calls. Please download the app, it’s free!
MOBILE APP: Free Conference Call HD also provides a quick and easy way for you to dial into conference calls without having to remember the dial-in credentials. Save all of your conference call dial-in numbers and access codes using this free app. With the Free Conference Call HD you can instantly dial into a conference call via 3G/4G data network and or regular mobile carrier. Google Play link or App Store – iTunes
What is Persecution Watch?
Persecution Watch is a U.S. national prayer conference call ministry that prays specifically for the global Persecuted Church. For over a decade, Blaine Scogin led this national network of believers who faithfully pray for the persecuted and the global harvest for the Kingdom of God. The group meets via a free call-in service every Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday night at 9pm Eastern (please check your time zone). Blaine also served as Prayer Director for Voice of the Persecuted and our missions became one. The prayer mission of Persecution Watch is an important part of our own. With the passing of Blaine into glory on December 26, 2019, Voice of the Persecuted is committed to continue the prayer conference call for the persecuted along with our dedicated prayer warrior team.
On occasion, persecuted brothers and sisters have been invited on the call to share the trials they’re facing. The team serves to encourage them by washing their feet in Spirit led prayer. Time is often reserved for those on the call to ask questions. We believe this helps to gain a better understanding of the situation that persecuted Christians endure in their specific nations. Q&A also helps us to focus our prayers based on their current needs.
Persecution Watch also hosts callers who want to pray united from other nations. If your heart is perplexed by the sufferings of our persecuted brothers and sisters, you no longer need to pray alone. We welcome all who desire to pray for the persecuted church and consider it a joy to pray together with you. If you’re new to the call and can’t find your voice, listen in and pray silently or on mute. We are grateful and thank the Lord for bringing us all together to pray in agreement for our persecuted family in Christ. We can all be prayer warriors on this call!
NOTE: Persecution Watch has a new email address for the prayer team and those who would like to receive urgent prayer requests, weekly call prayer points and notification of special prayer events and special guest speakers. Please fill out the form below to be included in our new distribution list to receive this important information. Since the passing of Brother Blaine Scogin, we thank you for your patience as we have transitioned into this new season. We are grateful for your prayers and to the Lord for guiding us as we continue the Persecution Watch prayer call mission.
Note to Voice of the Persecuted (VOP) readers: The Persecution Watch prayer team is also the prayer team of Voice of the Persecuted. SIGN UP today and join the team!