(Voice of the Persecuted) Looking back, our first prayer letter of 2019 we want to praise and thank the Lord for giving Asia BiBi her release from prison and safe conduct into a country where she can be a Christian without fear.
Again, we want to lift-up two persecuted witnesses for the Lord and pray for Leah Sharibu and Alice that this year will be the year where they will be set free.
As we start a new year, I feel it would be prudent to pray for some of the countries with the most:
- Brutal dictatorships
- High level of Islamic oppression
North Korea – Population: 25.6 million; Christians: about 300,000
Eritrea 5.2 million; about 2.5 million
China 1.4 billion 97.2 million
- Pray for the protection of the secret believers.
- Pray for the secret believer who are sharing the good News.
- Pray that for the Christians that suffer, being tortured and being kept under inhuman prison conditions.
- Pray to the Lord that He will exercise His power and bring about a change in government.
- Pray specifically for Pastor Wang YI.
Yemen Population: 28.9 million Christians: a few thousand
Iran 82.1 million about 800,000
Afghanistan 36.3 million a few thousand
Pakistan 200.8 million 3.98 million
Nigeria 195.9 million 91.12 million
- Pray Believers from Muslim backgrounds, particularly for those who have been shunned by their families and community upon conversion.
- Pray to the Lord that the constitution that promises religious freedom will be fully implemented and that the laws banning Christian practices will be abolished.
- Pray that Christians Internet messages and websites will reach deep in the Muslim communities and encourage Christians.
- Pray to the Lord that the believers will have courage, wisdom and boldness to reach out to Muslim neighbors.
- Pray to the Lord that He will appear to many Muslims in their dreams and connect them with believers.
- Pray to the Lord that believers will love and forgive their persecutors
- Pray that the Lord will build His church by adding daily to the number of believers.
You are invited to join us on Thursday, January 3 in a prayer conference call for the persecuted church.
Andy, Prayer Call Moderator
Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday
From any location on your phone
9:00 PM EST
8:00 PM CST
7:00 PM MST
6:00 PM PST
Call in number: 712 775-7035
Access Code: 281207#
Recommended: For those who may be subject to added charges for conference calls. Please download the app, it’s free!
MOBILE APP: Free Conference Call HD also provides a quick and easy way for you to dial into conference calls without having to remember the dial-in credentials. Save all of your conference call dial-in numbers and access codes using this free app. With the Free Conference Call HD you can instantly dial into a conference call via 3G/4G data network and or regular mobile carrier. Google Play link or App Store – iTunes
What is Persecution Watch?
Persecution Watch is a U.S. national prayer conference call ministry that prays specifically for the global Persecuted Church. For over a decade, Blaine Scogin led this national network of believers who faithfully pray for the persecuted and the global harvest for the Kingdom of God. The group meets via a free call-in service every Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday night at 9pm Eastern (please check your time zone). Blaine also served as Prayer Director for Voice of the Persecuted and our missions became one. The prayer mission of Persecution Watch is an important part of our own. With the passing of Blaine into glory on December 26, 2019, Voice of the Persecuted is committed to continue the prayer conference call for the persecuted along with our dedicated prayer warrior team.
On occasion, persecuted brothers and sisters have been invited on the call to share the trials they’re facing. The team serves to encourage them by washing their feet in Spirit led prayer. Time is often reserved for those on the call to ask questions. We believe this helps to gain a better understanding of the situation that persecuted Christians endure in their specific nations. Q&A also helps us to focus our prayers based on their current needs.
Persecution Watch also hosts callers who want to pray united from other nations. If your heart is perplexed by the sufferings of our persecuted brothers and sisters, you no longer need to pray alone. We welcome all who desire to pray for the persecuted church and consider it a joy to pray together with you. If you’re new to the call and can’t find your voice, listen in and pray silently or on mute. We are grateful and thank the Lord for bringing us all together to pray in agreement for our persecuted family in Christ.