Voice of the Persecuted (VOP) supports Christians suffering the worst kind of abuses for their Christian faith. The one thing they all have in common is they live in highly restricted Islamic nations or regions. We strive not only to help them with their physical needs, but also their emotional and spiritual needs. Prayer is certainly one of the most important aspects of our mission. There has not been a single conversation or communication without a request for prayer, never. VOP is always available, day or night, to act and pray when they have urgent requests.
We stay in contact and ask them to share specific prayer needs with us each week. Tonight we ask that you join us on the Persecution Watch conference call to pray for the immediate spiritual, emotional and physical needs of those we are caring for and another we hope to help in the future. Lord willing we can continue to do so. Women and children are always the most vulnerable where ever people are oppressed. On tonight’s call, we will be praying for two women who fled severe persecution but have not reached a permanent nation of safety. These women have also been a part of an underground movement to share the Gospel of Jesus with the lost. Their hearts still burn with the desire to share the Word of God with all.
This is the confidence which we have before Him, that, if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us. 1 John 5:14
We trust and believe God hears our prayers! Please join the call and unite in Spirit led prayer for these dear ones. Your prayers make a huge difference in the lives of our persecuted brothers and sisters around the world. (See prayer points below call details)
In Christ love,
Lois Kanalos, VOP Founder
Nadia Dybvik and Merlaine Smokes, Prayer Call Moderators
From any location on your phone
9:00 PM EST
8:00 PM CST+
7:00 PM MST
6:00 PM PST
Call in number: 712 775-7035
Access Code: 281207#
Recommended: For those who may be subject to added charges for conference calls. Please download the app, it’s free!
MOBILE APP: Free Conference Call HD also provides a quick and easy way for you to dial into conference calls without having to remember the dial-in credentials. Save all of your conference call dial-in numbers and access codes using this free app. With the Free Conference Call HD you can instantly dial into a conference call via 3G/4G data network and or regular mobile carrier. Google Play link or App Store – iTunes
What is Persecution Watch?
Persecution Watch is a U.S. national prayer conference call ministry that prays specifically for the global Persecuted Church. For over a decade, Blaine Scogin has led this national network of believers who faithfully pray for the persecuted and the global harvest for the Kingdom of God. The group meets via a free call-in service every Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday night at 9pm Eastern (please check your time zone). Blaine also serves as Prayer Director for Voice of the Persecuted.
On occasion, persecuted brothers and sisters have been invited on the call to share the trials they’re facing. The team serves to encourage them by washing their feet in Spirit led prayer. Time is often reserved for those on the call to ask questions. We believe this helps to gain a better understanding of the situation that persecuted Christians endure in their specific nations. Q&A also helps us to focus our prayers based on their current needs.
Persecution Watch also hosts callers who want to pray united from other nations. If your heart is perplexed by the sufferings of our persecuted brothers and sisters, you no longer need to pray alone. We welcome all who desire to pray for the persecuted church and consider it a joy to pray together with you. If you’re new to the call and can’t find your voice, listen in and pray silently or on mute. We are grateful and thank the Lord for bringing us all together to pray in agreement for our persecuted family in Christ.
Meet you on the call!
- Please pray for her daughter who is suffering the pain of leaving all she knew, her friends, church family, and particularly her grandmother and aunt. She still has nightmares of authorities raiding her house and taking family from the home. Please pray for peace for her and that she can trust in Jesus in the midst of her pain.
- Pray for Neda’s family members to be absolved of any charges and able to join her in the near future.
- Pray for the situation of the country they fled to as things have deteriorated for people in her ethnic group, among others, in this nation. Please pray that she can get to a safe country soon with her daughter.
- People tell her that it is not wise to be evangelizing since they could be further endangering themselves. They are careful but the same way they never stopped sharing about Jesus in the home country, they cannot stop sharing about Jesus in this new place and many are coming to Christ. Pray for wisdom and protection for them. Please pray for the new believers that they would grow in the knowledge of Jesus Christ.
Maryam cried and cried when she heard that there would be other believers praying for her. She said when she heard it, she fell on her knees and cried out and thanked God. She felt God’s love and provision when she heard others praying for her. She felt that she was not alone and that she had brothers and sisters standing with her in prayer.
This is the reaction the persecuted have when they hear you are praying for them. In Christ, connected in love and concern as true brothers and sisters. Somehow a weight is instantly lifted and God gives them the strength to press on.
- She is very sick and has not been able to leave her bed. She believes she has an ear infection, but the earliest that the doctors will see her is in a few weeks. Please pray for healing for her and that she would be able to get treated soon.
- A generous donor was able to cover Maryam’s living expenses for the month of December. She had been saving and not using heat. With this donation she was able to call someone immediately and connect heating back in her apartment. She was in tears knowing that she would be warm this winter.
- She wants prayer for her son who is left behind in her home country. She is worried about him and wants prayer that God would guide him and direct him in his life and to provide for him.
- Maryam specially wants prayer for her walk with the Lord Jesus Christ. That her character grow in Jesus and that she would be a good example and witness to those around her and that they would come to know our Lord and Savior.