(Voice of the Persecuted) Dear Intercessors, you are invited to join us on Thursday October 31 in a prayer call for the persecuted church. See the call number and details below.
Pray for Leah Sharibu and Alice, made slaves for life by Boko Haram
Population: 32 million, Christians 2.9 million
Christians in Malaysia and other minorities are hopeful that life under their new, more moderate government will improve. However, the Constitution still prohibits converting from Islam to other religions, and the courts still often favor Muslims over minority group members in legal matters such as divorce or child custody. In addition, women who convert are often threatened with rape or forced marriage. Roman Catholics and Methodists are often watched by authorities, but non-traditional Protestant groups active in testifying about their faith are targeted more.
08/24/2019 Malaysia (International Christian Concern) – The involvement of women from the Southeast Asian region in suicide bombing has become more alarming, according to Bukit Aman’s Special Branch Counter Terrorism Division principal assistant director Datuk Ayob Khan Mydin Pitchay. The recent deadly suicide bombing attacks targeting churches in Jolo, Philippines, and Surabaya, Indonesia took more than 30 lives and injured 100 more. In both cases, wives of IS-linked militants became suicide bombers. For Surabaya, the children of militants also became human bombs.
08/31/2019 Malaysia (International Christian Concern) – Last April, Suhakam (Human Rights Commission) had conducted an 18-month inquiry into the cases of two missing persons – Pastor Raymond Koh and activist Amri Chet Mat. It released a critical report that found both men to be victims of enforced disappearances — a term that strongly suggests the involvement of state agents. Pastor Koh is still missing since February 13, 2017. He was allegedly abducted by state agents in broad daylight. His wife and daughter came to the Ministerial to Advance International Religious Freedom in DC last month to raise international awareness about Koh’s case.
- Pray for Christian children who are required to attend Islamic education courses required by state-run schools.
- Pray the new government will pursue those responsible for the abduction of three Christian workers abducted in 2016 and 2017. Pray the government will pave the way for an independent investigation of Pastor Koh’s disappearance and bring his abductors to justice.
- Lord Jesus, please guide those who follow you in secret to communities where they may have fellowship with one another.
- Pray that the Lord will provide for believers in Malaysia who find themselves without communities and homes.
- Pray to the Lord to comfort and strengthen Christians who are treated as inferior citizens in their daily lives, that they would know their worth and value is found in You.
- Pray that Christians will have courage and boldness to share their faith.
- Pray for Evangelical, Baptist, Pentecostal and other groups who face monitoring, intimidation and harassment.
- Pray for wisdom, courage and true servanthood for pastors as they seek to serve these believers who often face challenges.
- Pray they will have the necessary resources, Bibles and discipleship materials, to lead their congregations to full knowledge of God, filled with hope and endurance.
- Pray for NGOs to provide much needed spiritual support
- Pray to the Lord that that the internet is easily accessible and minister to both believers and non-believers.
- Pray that the Lord will continue to grow His church.
Andy – Prayer Moderator, Persecution Watch
9:00 PM EST
8:00 PM CST+
7:00 PM MST
6:00 PM PST
Call in number: 712 775-7035
Access Code: 281207#
Recommended: For those who may be subject to added charges for conference calls. Please download the app, it’s free!
MOBILE APP: Free Conference Call HD also provides a quick and easy way for you to dial into conference calls without having to remember the dial-in credentials. Save all of your conference call dial-in numbers and access codes using this free app. With the Free Conference Call HD you can instantly dial into a conference call via 3G/4G data network and or regular mobile carrier. Google Play link or App Store – iTunes
What is Persecution Watch?
Persecution Watch is a U.S. national prayer conference call ministry that prays specifically for the global Persecuted Church. For over a decade, Blaine Scogin has led this national network of believers who faithfully pray for the persecuted and the global harvest for the Kingdom of God. The group meets via a free call-in service every Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday night at 9pm Eastern (please check your time zone). Blaine also serves as Prayer Director for Voice of the Persecuted.
On occasion, persecuted brothers and sisters have been invited on the call to share the trials they’re facing. The team serves to encourage them by washing their feet in Spirit led prayer. Time is often reserved for those on the call to ask questions. We believe this helps to gain a better understanding of the situation that persecuted Christians endure in their specific nations. Q&A also helps us to focus our prayers based on their current needs.
Persecution Watch also hosts callers who want to pray united from other nations. If your heart is perplexed by the sufferings of our persecuted brothers and sisters, you no longer need to pray alone. We welcome all who desire to pray for the persecuted church and consider it a joy to pray together with you. If you’re new to the call and can’t find your voice, listen in and pray silently or on mute. We are grateful and thank the Lord for bringing us all together to pray in agreement for our persecuted family in Christ.
Meet you on the call!