(Voice of the Persecuted) There are six kittens in my house right now. They are seven weeks old, and they can already climb to the top of the highest shelf in the house and jump half way across the room. They are utterly adorable, but they can be destructive as well. I wouldn’t trust them with anything valuable or dangerous. If you think child-proofing your home is difficult then you should try kitten-proofing your home. Fortunately, I love them. I want good life-long homes for them. I want good health and proper vet care for them. But I do know they are definitely not perfect. They are in need of correction when they behave badly. Now I don’t know exactly how you discipline a kitten. The firm ‘NO!’ doesn’t seem to be working. In a few weeks they will go to their new homes and be someone else’s problem. They will eventually grow up and behave in a somewhat more civilized and acceptable manner. My grown cats are fairly easily managed, and they aren’t nearly as destructive as kittens.
Today we are living with many people in all walks of life who as equally undisciplined as a litter of kittens or puppies. Maybe it was cute when they were little, but it is ridiculous and even dangerous today. Actually, they were probably spoiled brats and bullies as children and they are even worse today. These people have rejected truth and right in favor of doing whatever seems good to them at the moment. They are not afraid to bully and trivialize those who behave in a manner they deem to be old fashioned. Somehow these people have become delusional. Their delusions vary from believing that abortion is acceptable to believing that behaviors are acceptable that God clearly calls sin to believing they personally are above the law. The bottom line is they have rejected God Almighty as the power and authority behind creation. Without the true and living God, their lives have an empty place in the core of their being. That empty place cries out to be filled. Having rejected the God who created them, people are looking for a god who is worthy of their worship. At the same time they want a god who does not require anything of them. They form a false god in their own image. In other words, they self-worship. They are going along with the original lie that Satan told Eve. They may not openly worship themselves, but what else would you call it? The one who actually has the power and authority to make and enforce the rules is God. If a human being suddenly gives themselves authority to make and enforce rules they have made an idol of themselves. They are self-worshipers who have set themselves up as gods. My opinion is that the strong delusion that makes all other delusions possible for the individual is that they can be gods.
- And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:
2 Thessalonians 2:11
- And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;
- Now as Jannes and Jambres withstood Moses, so do these also resist the truth: men of corrupt minds, reprobate concerning the faith.
2 Timothy 3:8
- They profess that they know God; but in works they deny him, being abominable, and disobedient, and unto every good work reprobate.
This is the world in which we live today. Those in power and those around us are denying God so they have no reason to bow to His authority. They are delusional as they call the evil good and good evil. Unlike kittens and puppies, they will not grow up and change for the better. In rejecting God a reprobate and perverted mind is simply par for the course.
Christians are now living in a world where mocking God is far more common than worshiping God. There are those who openly ridicule and reject the God of creation. There are those who pretend to follow Jesus, but do not do the things He says to do. There are those who clearly follow another Jesus who has no power or authority to do anything. In other words, the self-worshiping crowd makes up a Jesus that fits their own idea of what a god should be like. Many of these people love to point out that Jesus said to love one another, and that is unloving to point out sin. Actually Jesus pointed out sin all the time. It would be wrong for a Christian to invent a sin or call their personal preferences right. Christians are not allowed to call sin something that they personally don’t like. Jesus was clear that certain things are sin. Christians who point that out are simply telling the truth according to Jesus Christ.
God always has followers. There will never be a day when Jesus Christ does not have followers. True followers of Jesus do have a duty to speak out and tell the truth. We can do this through the power of God.
- For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.
2 Timothy 1:7
God did not leave us without help in facing the world. Instead of fear God has given us power, love, and a sound mind.
Yes – we love those who are delusional. God Himself is not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance. Who are we to choose a different path than the one chosen by God? Pray for the lost, and tell the truth.
Power – the truth has a power all its own. Just tell the truth. Tell the truth in your daily life. Even little lies or half truths can have great consequences.
A sound mind – God has given us discernment meaning we can tell the truth from a lie. To increase our discernment we need to follow closely some instructions set down for us in the Bible.
Study the Bible. 2 Timothy 2:15 says, (Visit our Study the Bible page)
- ‘Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.’
No matter how busy you are, you must make time to study the word of God. Study can include listening to sound Bible teachers on audio.
Be obedient to all God’s instructions. There are many Christians who pick and choose the parts of the Bible they want to believe. They are convinced that God wants them to be happy more than He wants them to be obedient. These Christians and pseudo-Christians are headed for dire consequences.
Be patient – do not jump out of the frying pan into the fire. Remember Abraham who became impatient and begat an illegitimate son through his wife’s handmaid. Look at the problems that one act of impatience has brought to the entire world! Wait on the lord.
- Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us,
2 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.
- Wait on the Lord: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the Lord. Psalm 27:14
- Wait on the Lord, and keep his way, and he shall exalt thee to inherit the land: when the wicked are cut off, thou shalt see it. Psalm 37:34
- Say not thou, I will recompense evil; but wait on the Lord, and he shall save thee. Proverbs 20:22
Continue in good works.
- To them who by patient continuance in well doing seek for glory and honour and immortality, eternal life: Romans 2:7
- And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not. Galatians 6:9
- But ye, brethren, be not weary in well doing. 2 Thessalonians 3:13
- For so is the will of God, that with well doing ye may put to silence the ignorance of foolish men: 1 Peter 2:15
- For it is better, if the will of God be so, that ye suffer for well doing, than for evil doing. 1 Peter 3:17
- Wherefore let them that suffer according to the will of God commit the keeping of their souls to him in well doing, as unto a faithful Creator. 1 Peter 4:19
Be faithful to God and His word even if you suffer for it. God is righteous in all that He does. Someday we will see the big picture and understand why some things happened. In the meantime pray for the brethren who are persecuted for their faith. Your well doing may even put to silence the ignorant and foolish!
Praise the Lord! Psalm 35:28 says,
‘And my tongue shall speak of thy righteousness and of thy praise all the day long.’
This entire Psalm seems to fit the world today very well. Take time to read it. But most of all take time to praise the Lord our Redeemer. God has not changed though the world is changing rapidly. Heaven is still waiting for Christians. Reunions with loved ones are still coming in heaven. Heaven is a very real place filled with very real people who are doing very real and enjoyable things. Our good works today may be used by God to point lost souls to Jesus Christ. That will make for more glad reunions for more people.
A gift from God is like-minded Christians. Yet, sometimes a true Christian finds themselves in a situation where there is no one to discuss a matter with them. In cases like these remember Nehemiah, who finding himself in just such a situation, consulted with himself. There wasn’t anyone around to talk to. But, Nehemiah went over the things he knew to be true and proceeded to do what was right. Nehemiah 5:7,
- ‘Then I consulted with myself, and I rebuked the nobles, and the rulers, and said unto them, Ye exact usury, every one of his brother. And I set a great assembly against them.’
This is a good example for us to follow when we find ourselves standing alone for something that we know is right according to the word of God. Do what is right anyway.
God bless you.
By Barbara Henderson, Every Day Christianity with Barbara Henderson