(Voice of the Persecuted) Farshid Fathi, a prisoner of conscience, was released from prison. PRAISE GOD!
According to Iranian Christian Voice news (Vocir) Christian activists inside Iran reported that after 5 years of incarceration at the brutal prison of Karaj (Rajai Shahr), Farshid Fathi was released on 21 December 2015.
His crime? Being a Christian evangelist.
“Farshid Fathi,” (36 yr.) was convicted and sentenced to 6 years in prison on charges of acting against national security through his work with and fundraising for Christian organizations. Fearing the rapid growth of Christianity in Iran, the Islamic regime is determined to stamp out house churches and those guilty of leading Muslims to Christ.
December 26, 2010: Farshid is arrested at his home in Tehran by agents of Iran’s Intelligence Ministry. He is taken to Evin prison. When Farshid was first arrested in 2010, he was held in solitary confinement for more than 100 days.
February 5, 2012: Farshid is brought to trial at Branch 15 of Revolutionary Court in Tehran. He is convicted by Judge Salavati of ‘action against the national security’, through cooperating with foreign organisations and evangelism, and sentenced to a total of six years’ imprisonment. He is moved to section 350 of Evin.
Mohabat News reported, the issuance of such an unjustified sentence by the Islamic Republic’s judicial system for a Christian convert whose only crime is practicing his Christian faith, contravenes international laws and the Human Rights convention that the Islamic Republic has signed and is obliged to follow.
March 2013: Farshid’s family secretly escaped to Canada and was been safely evacuated from Iran.
August 19, 2014: Farshid was transferred from Evin prison, as was Saeed Abedini, to Rajai Shahr prison in Karaj for unknown reasons.
July 4, 2015: Farshid was informed on his early release date set for Dec. 10, 2015
Islamic extremism is the main driver of persecution in Iran. Those who leave Islam and convert to Christianity are largely targeted. Increasing numbers of Farsi [Persian] speaking churches have been forced to close; some of which have been there for both decades and centuries. This is a development that has not been seen in the history of the church in Iran.
Please pray for Iranian Christians.
- Pray that Farshid and his family will be strengthened in the Lord.
- For those who remain in prison, including Saeed, will be comforted and released soon.
- For those suffering injuries from beatings, or sick with little to no medical treatment will quickly recover and their pain eased.
- That all prisoners in Iran will be treated with respect and dignity as beings created in the image of God.
- That all authorities involved will love mercy and act justly.
- For the prison officials and prisoners to learn about Jesus and decide to follow Him.
- Pray for families who are still without loved ones, as they pray for their safety and release.
- Pray prisoners and families will be blessed as they spend Christmas apart.
- Pray the presence of the Lord fills the prisons.
- REJOICE and thank God for all the blessings He bestows on us, the Body of Christ!