- Meriam Ibrahim, 27, gave birth five days early yesterday after months shackled to floor
- Father, U.S. citizen Daniel Wani, pictured with hours-old girl in barbaric jail in Khartoum where Meriam has spent her pregnancy shackled to floor
- Doctor was sentenced to death for converting from Islam to Christianity after marrying, Daniel, a Christian who lives in New Hampshire
- She will never see him grow up as she refuses to renounce Christianity
- Lawyer: ‘The family are taking time to enjoy the birth before they fight injustice’
Meriam has spent the past four months shackled to the floor in a disease-ridden jail after being sentenced to death by hanging earlier this month for converting from Islam to Christianity and marrying a Christian man.
Her lawyer Mohaned Mustafa Elnour said the couple are ‘happy and proud’ of their new arrival and that it has brought a momentary ray of light to an otherwise bleak and desperate situation.
Mr Elnour: ‘This is a special moment for them. Daniel is delighted that he is able to see his new daughter so soon.
Powerful prayers are needing for this family!
VIDEO AND PETITION BELOW
READ THE FULL ARTICLE HERE
Please intervene in the barbaric sentencing of Meriam Yehya Ibrahim Ishag who is to be hanged. Sign the petition