Dear Brothers & Sisters In Christ,
Please kindly pray for Laos (from CSW Reports) The landlocked south-east Asian nation of Laos doesn’t get a lot of attention in the international media. Nevertheless, Laos is home to a small but growing number of Christians.
About 150,000 worship at state-recognized churches belonging to the Roman Catholic Church or the Lao Evangelical Church, with at least 100,000 more Protestants attending unregistered churches. Most of the majority-Buddhist population is tolerant of other religions, but some local officials see Christianity as a ‘foreign religion’ and a threat.
- Please kindly pray for the safety of Christians who have ‘disappeared’.
- Give thanks for the release of three pastors who were detained earlier this year for making copies of a Christian DVD.
- Pray for courage and comfort for Christian converts under pressure to give up their new faith.
- Give thanks for the release of two Christians from Khammouan Province who were detained in 2012 for holding a Christmas celebration.
- Pray for Catholics in the northern part of the country whose legitimate religious activities are still restricted.
- Give thanks that some parts of the country have seen a drop in the number of enforced disappearances.
- Pray for Christians in remote areas who are being pressured to leave their homes; pray for pastors to be able to visit them safely and encourage them.
Many thanks and may God bless you!
(Prayer request from Brother Danilo)